Help with samygo remote.

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Help with samygo remote.

Post by juusso »

thegingerbreadman wrote: So from what I understand and have read you need to use the ffb to go to older firmware, I used latest 0.6 version.
I think I done it right I'm not sure, I copied the fakehorse thing to internal memory and tried playing the file and the screen went black and said no USB firmware found, rebooting.
Yes, you did ok. For strange reasons the 0.6.2 version won`t work on CI models (here were some reports about that, but it works well on my TV which is B653 CI. Strange. That`s why i recomended to use old 0.5.9 version. Probably the latest could work too.
The error you got is because you haven`t attached USB with firmware on it.
So to downgrade I went to on the tv support/software upgrade/alternate software. I had loaded and extracted the firmware from the ffb page (t - chu7deuc) to a USB stick and it loaded the firmware and is showing that version on the tv so it's loaded up ok I think.
I'm using files from http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?t=2038
What exact files you used. you gave link to the FFB instructions.
I put the extracted zip to empty fat 32 USB stick and trying to copy the file to internal memory gives and error, something about dns encryption and wont copy over.
Total nonsense. What file did you extrace and tried to copy to memory? You gave there FFB game already. You don`t need to copy firmware there!

So, please. I didn`t understood your problem, just generally i think you missed some steps or didin`t read manual with attention...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

thegingerbreadman wrote:I own a 2009 le40b652 (shows as a 650 in service menu for some reason). I forget the original firmware the tv came with, got it around 1 year ago.

So to downgrade I went to on the tv support/software upgrade/alternate software. I had loaded and extracted the firmware from the ffb page (t - chu7deuc) to a USB stick and it loaded the firmware and is showing that version on the tv so it's loaded up ok I think.
I'm using files from http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?t=2038

Oh and before I forgot I did enter service menu and change those three things, watch dog, write link and rs232 what ever they are.
The B652 indicates this is a model sold by retailer Comet in the UK, with only cosmetic differences from other B650s.

The correct firmware for this model is T-CHL7DEUC. Check the compatibility table.
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Compatibility
You probably need the 2005.0 firmware
T-CHU7DEUC is for LED and Plasma models, not LCD. Hopefully, it will not have been recognised as valid firmware.

You will find current firmware in TV Support menu, under Software Upgrade.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, sure, that`s the second mistake - wrong firmware used...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

That info was reported when the model just came out. Kesa Electricals (Comet and Laskys) and DSG (Dixons, PC World etc) both had their own models, presumably so they could evade price-matching with on-line retailers, who sold the "base" 650T2 - it has a curved bezel at the control panel, but the 652T4 was more pointed. Both models were black/grey. The Dixons one has a red colour.

Maybe M&S used Kesa for fulfilment. A lot of on-line retailers are just store-fronts using well-established high-street brands, though M&S does have in-store electrical departments in some places.

The XBox interface may have HDMI-CEC interface compatible with Sasmung's Anynet+, at least for sound control. That would be useful information for some users. Does the XBox appear as a device in the Anynet+ menu?

Return to “[B] General”