Control TV thru LAN

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

LAndrew

Control TV thru LAN

Post by LAndrew »

Is there any way to:
1. switch on TV
2. wait for 20 sec, enable Media Player
3. choose video folder
thru LAN?

TV is UE46B8000
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Control TV thru LAN

Post by erdem_ua »

No way if you don't want to use external hardware.

1. TV cannot open self. Because there is no power on ethernet. No WOL support. But you can use remote emulation for powering TV up.
2. You can install SamyGO B series Lan Controller and run applet via auto startup scripts and you could send remote signals to TV thru LAN
3. No, you cannot make it. But again you could use remote emulated signals thru LAN and with it you can automate this process
:)
LAndrew

Post by LAndrew »

Thanks, erdem.

So, I'll have to switch on TV manually and then control it thru Lan Controller (wiki-samygo-tv/index.php5/Content_Library_applications_list#Remote_LAN_Control), right?

So, an idea to choose video file thru PC (my TV accesses NAS thru SMB) and run it automatically will not work?

Btw, could you please recover my old/original user id and7ey. Thanks.

Btw2. I can not post link to wiki samygo tv - Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

1. Yes.
2. Well, There is nothing impossible. Auto-mounting is easy part. This might be programmed via some low level hacking if its really required. But I don't know an actual easy solution for playing specified file after boot up.
3. For recovering old user names explained here. you have better to follow instructions.
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2060
4.Yes, I know. It's spammer shield. This true for some first posts.
nbd

Post by nbd »

There is some DLNA way to play videos, at least I can do that from my android phone (Samsung) with the iMediaShare App. I don't have to do anything from the TV (it just needs to be ON), I can select a video from the iMediaShare and make it play on the TV.
LAndrew

Post by LAndrew »

erdem_ua,
with regards to the user name - I've tried everything what is described there and didn't manage to recover my id
with regards to the link - wiki samygo tv shouldn't be treated as offsite url.

nbd,
I know about such solution. But DLNA player has some limitations... so I need to play video thru SMB
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

user: and7ey

Information

Successfully forced reactivation.
You should get re-activation email. If not, i can delete this account and you create it again.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[B] General”