getting NFS shares to work on PN58B850

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

samson

getting NFS shares to work on PN58B850

Post by samson »

hey juuso, long time no talk. I finally found some time to mess with my tv again.

do you know anything about setting up NFS shares on these TV's?

the wiki articles are all over the place in how it should be implemented
samson

Re: getting NFS shares to work on PN58B850

Post by samson »

I managed to patch my firmware with the SamyGO firmware patcher correctly, but editing the files necessary ( ie., SamyGO.sh, rc.local, mount.sh) correctly is proving much more of a challenge. The three WIKI articles I found give different variations on HOW the files should be edited and even WHICH files should be edited. These are the articles I read:

http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Mounti ... ypass_DLNA

http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_to ... tup_script

http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Open_b ... situations

The first one is especially confusing because it says to edit rc.local, but there is FOUR different rc.local files on the tv, one in mtd_boot, mtd_cmmlib, mtd_drv, and mtd_exe and they are all read only. So I am not sure if I should edit it at all.
samson

Post by samson »

Well I managed to get the NFS share to work with a USB drive, the Virtual USB method did not work. What I did was put the following script, from the first wiki article I had a link to above, into the SamyGO.sh file instead of the rc.local file:

# wait for the rest of the TV boot sequence to complete, the USB stick with the
# mount point for the NFS share is mounted downstream from this script ....
sleep 30 # YMMV

# mount NFS share
mount -o nolock ppp.qqq.rrr.sss:/full-path-to-directory-to-export /dtv/usb/sda1/media -t nfs

it is working satisfactorily now, although it takes the TV a while to mount the share to the USB stick; I have to select the folder and back out of it a few times in order for the shares to show up.

also the fast forwarding and rewinding features on these TV's are horrible especially with big .MKV files. (in comparison to WDTV Streaming Media Player anyway)

The only other thing I'd like to do is somehow autostart the SamyGO for DCA module since I have alot of DTS encoded files.

Does anybody know how I can autoload the SamyGO for DCA module?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you can do this using gdbtrick or injectso binary. I load my apps using SamyGO Extensions with enabled \etc\init.d\90_90_injectso.init with correct path(es) to the app(s) inside. (line: libraries="NOTHING" # add your libraries here )
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
samson

Post by samson »

is there any literature or articles you can point me to, juuso, to further clarify what your talking about, in regards to autoloading apps?

I have no idea what "gdbtrick" or "injects binary" is.

Return to “[B] General”