Sorry for this newbie question but... About Firmwares

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

DaniW

Sorry for this newbie question but... About Firmwares

Post by DaniW »

Hello people,

I just discovered this project and was wondering if I could use it on my tv set. I have a UN32b6000 with firmware T-CHE51BRC-1005.1. This particular TV does not have an ethernet port and does not seems to accept a regular samsung usb dongle (I tested, since I have a sansung dongle connected to my other tv).

First question: This firmware could be replaced by a SamyGo one? I could not find anything about this particular firmware anyware around the site.
Second question: If I manage to succeed on this I would be able to use a general usb dongle to access my plex (or serviio) media share like I do on my regular internet aware tv set?

thanks in advance
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Sorry for this newbie question but... About Firmwares

Post by juusso »

We don`t have any experience with Brazilian firmware. Needs more research on your TV to be sure is it compatible or not.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
DaniW

Re: Sorry for this newbie question but... About Firmwares

Post by DaniW »

juuso,

Thanks for your reply.
I am in the same situation as this guy was:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=956&start=40#p16500

I managed to boot my tv with the custom kernel from here:
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Enable ... es_Devices

Since my firmware is different you stated that it would be dangerous to flash my T-CHE5iBRC with the australian version. I get this. But you stated here (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=956&start=40#p16501) that this procedure worked because that user was loading the custom kernel from USB and running the T-CHE5iBRC firmware from the tv memory.

My question is: would be possible to just copy the modified kernel to the tv memory replacing the stock one and keep using the T-CHE5iBRC firmware? Sorry if this is too newbie stuff...

Thanks mate

Return to “[B] General”