Access NFS share UE40B7000 + Autostart Apps

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

ukbilleh

Access NFS share UE40B7000 + Autostart Apps

Post by ukbilleh »

Hi all

This is my first post so just wanted to say how grateful I am for the SamyGo project and what's been done so far :)

My question is how do I mount an NFS share on my UE40B7000 / UE40B7000WW Samsung tv.

I've managed so far to downgrade my firmware to 3000.G using FFB. I've then managed to use the SamyGo script to patch my firmware and turn on Telnet permanently and I've flashed this back to the tv.

What I'm having trouble doing is mounting an NFS share from my Western Digital My Book Live on \\192.168.0.5\public onto my TV. I just can't get my head around the instructions from the site or from these boards. People just start talking about modding a script and putting this on a usb drive then running it from there but I don't understand how they have started or where I should start from.

Can someone give my a better idea of how to do this?

Thanks all
Last edited by ukbilleh on Sun May 19, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ukbilleh

Re: Access NFS share UE40B7000

Post by ukbilleh »

Anyone?
ukbilleh

Post by ukbilleh »

can anyone help explain the guide for mounting an NFS share from a NAS more clearly on my UE40B7000?

thanks
ukbilleh

Post by ukbilleh »

I found this guide. It seems a bit clearer than the wiki version but I'm still unsure.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84

Anyone shed any light on this?

86 views but no replies :(
ukbilleh

Post by ukbilleh »

Can no one help me with this :(

I just want to automount an nfs share to my UE40B7000 but I just can't get my head around the guide. Has no one else managed to do this?
ukbilleh

Post by ukbilleh »

can no one help me get started with this?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

hi,

since 7 days you`ve asked a question. And i wonder why you still dont have nfs mounts on your TV. Because one week of reading posts on B series subforum is quite enough to get all info you need.

Okey, if you still haven`t got, you need only to install SamyGO all extensions (for T-CHU7DEUC) and run them from your content library. Here is wiki article describing what it is.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=96#p540
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/SamyGO_Extensions_Pack

and more links:
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pu ... nsions%20B

happy reading ;)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ukbilleh

Post by ukbilleh »

juuso thankyou I've been reading through loads on here but just can't understand how to do it :(

I managed to use FFB to revert my firmware and also flash the firmware using the script but just can't understand how the mounting works. I am confused which files in the samygo extensions pack I have to edit and what I have to put there to access my nfs share from the tv :(

:) I'm going to read through them now and try and get my head around stuff I'll report back :)
ukbilleh

Post by ukbilleh »

I still can't get it to work :( even after reading through everything. I'm still not getting how this works.

I've started by going to my nas (synology ds413) going to the nfs privileges for the shared folder and setting the below:
Hostname or IP*: 192.168.0.3:/volume1/shared/movies
Privilege: Read Only
Root squash: Map to admin
Enable asynchronous: checked

Then I've downloaded SamyGO-All-Extensions-v0.03.6-r16-for-T-CHU7DEUC-20120208115804 and extracted this to a Fat32 formatted 16GB PNY USB stick so the folder 'SamyGO' is at the root of the disk.

Then I've gone into etc/init.d and edited 03_03_nfsmount.init using Notepad++ so it looks like the below:

Code: Select all

. /dtv/SGO.env
# sleep 9
##### YOU CAN CHANGE ME HERE ######
SERVER="192.168.0.10"
# SERVER="10.0.0.1" # if you want a fixed server
SHARES="/volume1/shared/movies"
# SHARES="Video Music Photo" # if you won't all your shares, but then set SERVER too!!
##### CHANGE ME END ######

FR_NAME="NFS Server"
# M_OPTS="soft,udp,async,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=8192"
# M_OPTS="rw,soft,udp,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768"
# M_OPTS="soft,tcp,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768"
# M_OPTS="soft,tcp,nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192"
M_OPTS="soft,tcp,nolock"

SERVERS="Don't set me!!"

DEST_DIR=$MOUNT_PATH/nfs

do_mount()
Then I insert the USB stick into my tv and go to the content manager > usb > games > samygo > play
The screen flickers for a second and returns back to this screen

I then go to media play and select the SamyGO virtual USB and under pictures / music / movies I can't see any of my folders :(

Where am I going wrong because no matter how much I read I just don't get it :( Can someone help?
ukbilleh

Post by ukbilleh »

yay I finally managed to do this

I've got access to my NFS share and I dca 03 to fix the sound problems with some mkv's.

I've been looking to see if it's possible to load these modules when I power on the tv but can't find anything on these forums that is a decent guide for someone who has never used injectso before and doesn't use linux.

Is there anyway I can get some help with this? A step by step? Thanks

Return to “[B] General”