Understanding SamyGO (UE46B8090)

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

fistro

Understanding SamyGO (UE46B8090)

Post by fistro »

Hello,

with wiki-help, i was able to fw-downgrade my UE46B8090 from T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2 to T-CHUCIPDEUC-3000.0 . Telnet-Login was possible.

Then, i took the latest orig fw T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2 and made the "phyton-patch" as described with "Advanced Mode" and flashed this patched FW. Went fine. Now i can telnet-login even after restart of the tv.

No i wonder why i still can't copy SamyGO apps from USB to the televison, which rejects by saing something like "UDN wrong/missing" every time.

Well, now i wonder if i did wrong by phyton-pathing a current (non pre-FEB) fw file . My understand was, that i need a pre-FEB to use SamyGo and to be able to install a patched non-pre-FEB-fw then. Am i wrong??

thanks for a little help,
Michael

-----------------
Samsung UE46B8090 with CI+
FW T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2 (patched after donwgrade to 3000.0)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Understanding SamyGO (UE46B8090)

Post by juusso »

fistro wrote:Then, i took the latest orig fw T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2 and made the "phyton-patch" as described with "Advanced Mode" and flashed this patched FW. Went fine. Now i can telnet-login even after restart of the tv.
This is strongly NOT recommended to do that. And this is why you:
fistro wrote:still can't copy SamyGO apps from USB to the televison, which rejects by saing something like "UDN wrong/missing" every time.
fistro wrote:Well, now i wonder if i did wrong by phyton-pathing a current (non pre-FEB) fw file
Yes, you did wrong.
My understand was, that i need a pre-FEB to use SamyGo and to be able to install a patched non-pre-FEB-fw then. Am i wrong??
Yes, you are wrong. Do not install non pre feb firmware neither patched nor original ! Never!

Just stay on patched T-CHUCIPDEUC-3000.0
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
fistro

Post by fistro »

ok, thanks. This can be seen als "solved" :-)

I didn't really understand why the phyton-patch is not able to patch even the lastest fw (seem's to be obvious to me: "when i'm able to patch a firmware at all, then i'm able to patch any". And moreover, the patching itself didn't throw any errors). But well ... gonna go for a downgrade, again.
fistro

Post by fistro »

ok, another downgrade to a patched 3000.0 was successful.

Please, allow me some more questions:

After (obviously successfully) haven installed a patched firmware, the only changes i can notice is: telnet is enabled by default and my DTS-movies come with sound, finally (yeah! that was the reason for me to check out SamyGO). So far, so good.

But ... almost every app from the content library does not appear. Some examples:

- i've installed (copied from USB to tv) PVRplus 3.1: When i run this app, it just shows the logo for some seconds. Running again sais ist already running.... but where can i access it ??????? Neither the menu nor the REC-Button (or whatever i press at the remote): i wont get this app or even a trace of it.

- I've installed and runned "Remote LAN Control". Checking the tv's ip in the browser: nothing. So... how???

- I've installed the "SamyGO Extensions". Same as PVRplus - i can "run" it, but nothing appears.

THis happens with some more Apps i've tried out.... so... what do i wrong this time??

Return to “[B] General”