Install Apps on Pre-2010 TVs?

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Install Apps on Pre-2010 TVs?

Post by juusso »

Do you have CIS?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mikl10

Post by mikl10 »

I only have cis in the service menu, but not in the plug and play language.
So, I have changed on the service menu but i still have the same yahoo widget.
and7ey

Post by and7ey »

hi all, are yahoo-widgets and infolink widgets are still available in your TVs (B-series)? I've tried to play with countries again, but now it always say that there is some problem with the network (when actually it works fine - NFS Server is accessible, network test passed well) - tried both with UK and CIS countries
UE46B8000
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

and7ey wrote:hi all, are yahoo-widgets and infolink widgets are still available in your TVs (B-series)? I've tried to play with countries again, but now it always say that there is some problem with the network (when actually it works fine - NFS Server is accessible, network test passed well) - tried both with UK and CIS countries
yesterday samsung stuff played around with smarthub (or made a party in server-room) so smarthub was partial down, they maybe forgot to swicht server for "old infolink" on again (also no connection in austria). i'm very sad that i can't use the 5 widgets for my b-series :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and7ey

Post by and7ey »

they've also broken Picasa widget (the only I've used) - now it shows small pictures instead of full-size..
interesting, is that covered by warranty? ))
UE46B8000
ftom

Post by ftom »

If U I have telnet enabled (Samygo) then installing new widget (ie. Netplayer) is easy. No webservers and other setups required.
Just put widgetxxx.zip on USB, in /mtd_down/widgets/normal/, make directory named as some random number ie 1203139102
copy widgetxxx.zip from USB. (cp /dtv/usb/sd?/widgetxxx.zip /mtd_down/widgets/normal/yourdirnum/). Extract it by unzip widgetxxx.zip. reboot TV and widget will be there...
atulb

Post by atulb »

I do not have a directory normal

only have directory data in widget
Contents in data:
Downloads Preferences.db Widgets
Overlay Profiles.db

Contents in Widgets:
IconCache Temporary widgets.db.backup
Installed widgets.db

Where can i install the widgets so that they will show up.
reekotubbs1

Post by reekotubbs1 »

dineshgk wrote:Hello All,

I have Samsung Model No: LN40B650T1F and Model Code: LN40B650T1FXZA

Is there a way i can install Netflix widget and probably navigate to a website....

My TV has both wireless and wired LAN input. It has many stuff most of which i do not use... It has following in the widget Gallery: Blockbuster, Exerience Samsung, MindEverest instant Quiz, My-Cast, Puzdoku, Darts Widget, Desafio Practicatic, Mediabox, Rosco Practicatic, Drivecast, Yahoo Fantasy football, Twitter, Flickr, CNBC, Amazon instant video, Pandora interset radio, outpatients widget, Yahoo Video, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Finance, Sudoku, Texas Hold;em, Yahoo News, Yahoo weather, TV Guide Widget, Facebook, ebay, Showtime, USA today sports, Youtube, CBS Interactive, Quizmaster....

I wanted to get Netflix and probably would be great if i can browse to some internet sites like there are some sites that offer free internet streaming.... Also, one other feature that would be great to have is to be able to stream smartphone or computer stuff directly to TV without use of wire.... My TV says it is DLNA capable... But being new to all this technology, i am not sure how to get it working.

I have been thru the Wiki and there is surely there is a lot of info... but a quick jump start would greatly be appreciated.

Thankyou,
Is it possible to install netflix on our tv's.
Mine is a UN55b8500.

If so, please details so that I can have this access. If not please inform of what we can do to achieve this.

Thank you in advance.
pommy4u

Post by pommy4u »

Hi guys, I am trying to run nYouTubeHD3d on my PS50C7000, I have downloaded,
That widget also, now trying to go ahead with, XAMPP latest version, but there is no widget.xml, can anyone please tell what's wrong with it? Or should I download another version of xampp? How to find IP, in it, while Apache running?. Please help. Thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

yo have to create the widgetlist.xml according example on the wiki.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[B] General”