Blue screen after firmware update

Here is information about customize your C series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR DUMMY USERS questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Blue screen after firmware update

Post by juusso »

Sorry, for being far from forum things. Busy life leaves less time for activity like that.. Trying to achieve personal assistance is an interesting point of view, but please do not be offended if you get zero response for a while. First of all, i think i gave you a good advice and you followed it. You`ve got root access. Next you had to search for forum for "toggle". Did you?
I do not remember if command works in same way on T-DT5 like it worked on T-VALDEUC. But at least - worth to try. investigate if toggle command exists at all. I do not know you linux skills, i hope you can execute simple linux commands in console window.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Hi juusso. Hearing from you makes me feel hopeful and sort of relieved.

I apologize for being so anxious but seeing my TV everyday all ruined after a stupid firmware update really breaks my heart.

I'm going to explain to you exactly where I'am at.

I followed this tutorial:

https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... es_models)

And I'm stuck at step number 18.

18. TV restarts few times and starts in black screen. DO NOT POWER OFF, DO NOT DISCONNECT USB!
Wait 3 minutes. After three minutes you can switch off TV.
Switch on TV again (THIS IS THE LAST THING I DID)
Try connect to TV over Telnet (Port 23).
If you get to console, congratulations.
TV starts in Hotel mode. If you have your channel settings, you can deactivate hotel mode from service menu.

---------------------------------------------------

Now... how am I supposed to connect to TV over Telnet if all my TV has is a VGA port???

What kind of cable do I need?

On this other page:

https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... BD_players

You can read this...

"So if you wanna have a fully supported and very well made USB-to-serial (RS232 @ 3.3V) cable, I'd recommend the much more expensive FTDI cables".

You could please indicate for me the kind of FTDI cable that I need for my TV model?? So I can go and buy one straight away...

Thank you very much for your help.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, telnet on VGA port. Which pins you have to connect you can see on wiki page. No idea if you need FTDI cable, it works with 3.3v usb to ttl adapters from china suppliers too.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

Ftdi chipsets mostly generate 12v levels for rs232 compatibility, only use one if it can be set to uart/ttl voltage level by software or jumper on the adapter itself.

Please dont confuse telnet with hardware serial console. Telnet is software thats running over network (IP port 23)

Yes your pm is what brought me here, but please dont do this kind of thing, messaging multiple members with your question. A link to the corresponding forum thread and the question if one can help there looks a bit nicer.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Thank you beatfreak and juusso. I already bought a 3.3v usb to ttl adapter.

In case I may finally succeed toggling my firmware... may I request to you the lowest trident firmware available? Thank you.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No need for lowest firmware. If you were happy with your previous firmware, then it is enough just to switch to it via console.

VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Considering my model Ps50c450b1w does not support Content Library (or so I believe).

And considering also that between the 1004 original firmware (built-in) and the 1024.1 (lastest and only update) there never was any other update...

What's the best option for me? Should I go for one of those explained in this page:

https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... r_firmware

And which one?

Or you mean using shell as in for the T-VALDEUC firmware? In which case...

#!/bin/sh
if [ -f /mtd_rwarea/Version.0 ] ; then
echo SWU_T-VALDEUC_001000_I04_ES000DS000KS000RS000_100205 > /mtd_rwarea/Version.0
else
echo SWU_T-VALDEUC_001000_I04_ES000DS000KS000RS000_100205 > /mtd_rwarea/Version.1
fi
sync

These commands... what should they look like for trident firmware?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No no no. You can`t use same commands for trident. You need modify. When you get access to command line, write here, i need some output to some commands.

VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Ok. I'll do so. Thank you!
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Hi Jusso I'm getting an error accessing via Telnet.

Hotel Mode OFF

RS232 on DEBUG

Watchdog OFF

I get this on an endless scrolling.

As you can see, it seems like Putty is accessing the console and detecting the firmware but it's finding some barrier.

Is it because console needs to be unlocked? I tried using TDM codes for C series (10041004 and 20089999) writing directly on the command-line but nothing happened.

This SamyGO-All-Extensions-v0.03.6-r12-for-T-TDT5DEUC-20110103184231.zip

Could it be of any help for me?

How does it work?

Thank you.

Return to “[C] Firmware”