Running commands (telnet,samygo script) from boot

Here is information about customize your C series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR DUMMY USERS questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Running commands (telnet,samygo script) from boot

Post by juusso »

If you edit dump and flash it to tv, you get rebooting by authuld tv. Why? Because of secure boot - after you edit dump, you change hash of partition. If hashes do not match, tv will reboot. C serie is CI+, you can read about authuld here. and here.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
dksoul
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by dksoul »

bladeii wrote:Hello, I will explain a method I think that can be used on C series to run commands on boot start.

Comparing C series with B series, the problem is that the firmware in C series is encrypted and we cant modify the firmware.

In B series we know the encrypted password and we can modify the firmware. We modify the line:

export KF_LOG=/dev/null #Remove engine logging

to

export KF_LOG=/dev/null;/etc/telnetd_start.sh&

Well, another method is once you can do telnet to the TV using bml.dump, bml.restore and bml.erase you can dump and after modifying write
the firmware to the TV.

I have been looking at the partitions and I have found the same entry "export KF_LOG=/dev/null #Remove engine logging" in the C series.

I ask to the gurus of this TV, is it possible to apply the same method to the C series TV?

Thanks.
According to /mtd_exe/rc.local if the file /mtd_rwarea/start.sh exists it will be executed at boot.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Code of start.sh works well on solevi TV:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh                                                                                                                                                    
export PATH=/mtd_rwarea/bin:$PATH                                                                                                                            
/mtd_rwarea/bin/busybox telnetd -l /bin/sh &                                                                                                                 
/mtd_rwarea/bin/busybox ntpd -p 192.168.1.1 &                                                                                                                
/mtd_rwarea/bin/busybox tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 /mtd_rwarea/bin/ftpd -w / &                                                                                    
#sleep 40 && mount -t nfs -o soft,udp,nolock 192.168.1.99:/windows /dtv/usb/sda1/nfs &                                                                       
cd /mtd_exe/                                                                                                                                                 
./exeDSP 
Here is telnet, NTP, FTP and NFS shares mounting at start of TV. All what You need is rooted TV and busybox.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

juuso,
Does authld problem solved for C series too?
I thought it's just for B series only. If solution works for C series too, say Yiihuuuuu :D
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

dredkin wrote:
erdem_ua wrote:juuso,
Does authld problem solved for C series too?
I thought it's just for B series only. If solution works for C series too, say Yiihuuuuu :D
As I understand, /mtd_rwarea is not a part of TV's firmware and not controlled by authld.
Guys just found a way to run any script on startup without modification of firmware
Oh thank, after re-reading I understand the situation :) Anyway, I don't have C (yet) :D

Return to “[C] Firmware”