Hexedit C630 with VAL6DEUC exeDSP and use AS firmware upgrade

Here is information about customize your C series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR DUMMY USERS questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

aanev

Hexedit C630 with VAL6DEUC exeDSP and use AS firmware upgrade

Post by aanev »

Hi,
The reason for this is to change primary subtitle/audio language (Gaelic) to point to Undefined language that was already done on older B models for Lithuanian/Slovenian language ,but tutorial is not online on internet anymore.
1. I managed to decompress original firmware with 7zip and decrypt with sammygo patcher and get exe.img file.
2. I have decompressed exe.img with 7zip and then hexedit exedsp file. Everything is done in Windows , I have changed hdg,hdg,alg to my language.
3. Now I need to make new exe.img with compressing ...but I don't know how to make similiar exe.img file from patched exedsp and other files that I have already decompressed with 7zip. Maybe I should only compress with 7zip and rename from exe.7z to exe.img ? Maybe I should use linux instead to be safe, any tips for this?
4. If step 3 is Ok, next I should use sammygo patcher script to encrypt files so I can use them for firmware upgrade. I have read that in validinfo.txt I should see if CRC code is Ok. I don't understand if I should manually change this file or sammygo patcher is calculating this CRC code. Because exedsp is hexedited is this CRC code changed or not?
Will this steps make upgradable firmware or because I manipulate with exact same version firmware it will not give me to upgrade with this patch ?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Hexedit C630 with VAL6DEUC exeDSP and use AS firmware upgrade

Post by juusso »

Hi, first of all thanks for your patience.

Second - if you have root access to TV, then we can talk further. If you can`t access shell on TV, then sorry, no way to go.
Third - using 7zip to decompress firmware files and copress them back again - worst, what could you do with firmware files.

So in general
1)we have no way to force C series (and up) do modified firmware upgrade in regular way
2) we do not have ANY methods at the moment to flash customised firmware on non rooted TV at all. Any, except B series CI+ pre feb firmwares.
3) kernel with disabled hash check is required, else - brick. Hard brick, means - only mainboard replacement, as the rule - costly, helps repair your TV.
4)If you ever do HEX edit on samsung files, then do that on rfs dump of mtd_exe, mounted in loop device inside TV itself. Replace your modified exe DSP, unmount, flash. Everything from console on rooted TV.

No good news, right? :|
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
aanev

Post by aanev »

My TV is LE40C630 with T-VAL6DEUC ver 1017.0 and it is not rooted. For rooting I should downgrade to patched ver 1016.0 that I can download from SammyGO wikipage ? How to do this root because DNS trick is not online? This TV flashh memory is 128mb. Is this enough memory to work with mounting fs dump because EXEDSP is alredy two times written on this flash?
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

did you read this one?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7319
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
aanev

Post by aanev »

I read it, but I think I need rooted TV. My first problem is how to root so I can see normal telnet, because I think this is on TV with patched firmware, am I right ?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes. Since DNS trick does not work anymore, you can try manual rooting way for val6deuc using chanel export/import methods. But no garantee it will work for you too.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[C] Firmware”