Blue screen after firmware update

Here is information about customize your C series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR DUMMY USERS questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

VicMan

Blue screen after firmware update

Post by VicMan »

I have a Plasma TV model PS50C450B1W. Although it is 7-years-old I only use it once or twice a week for watching movies so it is still in perfect shape.
3 months ago I decided to update firmware from T-TDT5DEUS-1004 (built-in) to T-TDT5DEUC-1024.1.

Since then some sort of bluish shade is covering the left half of the screen that is more noticeable on pale white or grey blackground. Also on images with high black and white contrast such as texts you can see a blue lines on the left side.

I believe this color distortion may be caused by the new TV menu since the area affected matches exactly with the size of the new menu. Plus when an element of the menu is being displayed on the center of the screen the blue shade right on the left of it disappears.

Finally, my model includes an option called "Alternative Software" (backup) which should enable me to change the software to the previous version. But I can't seem to do that either. I wonder if I'd need the built-in software downloaded into a USB in order to activate that downgrading option.

VicMan

Re: Blue screen after firmware update

Post by VicMan »

I see this forum is full of successful downgrading experiences. I hope somebody can help me with mine.
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Would "the zero" firmware work on my tv model? Please I need help SamyGo!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If you find zero for your tv then it must be working. Or get root and toogle firmware to previously used one. Forum is full of howtos for c series.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Thank you juusso. The only zero I have found is for T-VALDEUC. I need for T-TDT5DEUC. You know if there are others available?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Iirc nope. Any for your tv...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

I'll try the hacking thing.
Last edited by VicMan on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Hi juusso. I managed to hack my TV plasma following the instructions on wiki. Now my tv is succesfully hacked.

How am I suppossed to toogle firmware now? I read something about Telnet but all I can see at the back of my TV is this...

Imagefotos de imagenes

Is there any other way to downgrading?
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Juusso, I really need your help here.

What kind of cable do I need to connect my plasma to my PC via Telnet? I don't feel capable of soldering the cable you propose on Wiki. It takes too much expertise.

Could you indicate a proper FTDI cable for me?

I guees there is no other way to downgrading besides Telnet. Is it?
VicMan

Post by VicMan »

Dear Juusso,

I asked for your help a month ago and still no answer.

I thought the point of this forum was to help people. The only thing I have gotten from you since I joined and explaind my problem was...

"Get root and toogle firmware".

Ok. I followed your advice and I hacked my TV but now I don't know how to continue.

All I'm asking you is to help me find the right FTDI cable for my TV so I can use Telnet which I think it's next step. Right??

Frankly I think I'm not asking too much. I hope you can help me. I beg of you. I feel so trapped, don't know what to do.

Return to “[C] Firmware”