HD Tuner - Samsung C9000 - Foreign to UK - Firmware?

Here is information about customize your C series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR DUMMY USERS questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

dvinedno

HD Tuner - Samsung C9000 - Foreign to UK - Firmware?

Post by dvinedno »

Hi SamyGo users,

Anyways the whole reason on joining on this site was to ask questions.

I recently brought a Samsung C9000 which has built in HD Tuner. So in theory I should be able to receive HD channels.

After some research it turned out the TV was a foreign unit and that I was unable to tune into UK HD channels due to the drivers being installed for a different country.

I was wondering if its possible to update the drivers on the TV for the built-in tuner to actually receive HD channels. Samsung support politely told me I have no chance but I'm sure its possible.

The Samsung model is as follows:

UE55C9000 ZWXTK

The country codes are used in the model number.

This is what Samsung sent:

A UK model should be suffixed with XXU. If your TV has another suffix, XXC for example, it may not be a UK model which means the tuner will be of slightly different spec than a model manufactured for use in the UK, and may not pick up all channels, and/or channels may appear in incorrect order, as you are experiencing.

(For reference, an XXC suffix would mean a Spanish model; France - XZF, Germany - XZG, etc).

If anyone could help me then this would be a massive bonus.

I think after doing some research I believe this model is Russian.
Shaximinion

Re: HD Tuner - Samsung C9000 - Foreign to UK - Firmware?

Post by Shaximinion »

Hi I got the same issue with my c6000. The UK does not appear on the country list (I have France, Spain, Kazakhstan etc.)

Very annoying as my channels are ordered alphabetically which means all the adults come first! :(

Would the Samygo firmware sort this problem?

Did you find a solution to this problem?
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

Did you try change region in the service menu?
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
Shaximinion

Post by Shaximinion »

Hello thanks for your reply, I just tried to do this however looks like the regional settings are greyed out. Please see attached pic. I do not get United Kingdom in the menu unfortunately.

Your help would be appreciated.

Shah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[C] Firmware”