Patching exeDSP

Here is information about customize your C series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR DUMMY USERS questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Patching exeDSP

Post by sectroyer »

Nice find but I notice few problems
1) Isn't using "reboot" a source of many bricks (at according to wiki ;))
2) IIRC any problem with start.sh can also result in a brick
3) If I understand everything correctly your "time writing code" saves time only when start recording.

If you want I can write small app (based on Memjack2) that ask exeDSP for current time using _ZN4TCTv17GetSystemInfoTimeEPmi and displays and outputs it to stdout :) That way you will have correct time value at any moment and wouldn't risk bricking your TV :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

In case you would want to try: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7415
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
hedak

Post by hedak »

Hi sectroyer,

1) 'reboot' is risky only if you flashed something, especially between flashing a partition and its hash. At the time when i recommend to use it your tv is already safe. Partitions and its hashes have already been flashed correctly and there have been several reboots beyond. BTW you don't have to use 'reboot'. But as exeDSP crashed (but your are still on tv via ssh/telnet) you can't use your remote or the touch buttons on tv. So you only could run another command or unplug tv from power. Correct me if i am wrong ;)

2)
2) IIRC any problem with start.sh can also result in a brick
Of course a completely wrong start.sh may brick your tv too (therefore i gave a working example and remember this a devs thread!). To be absolutely safe you could move the self-rename part on its very top. But then you had to manually rename 'start.sh.dis' to 'start.sh' after every reboot manually :/

EDIT: Even if you brick your tv with a wrong start.sh, you can still unbrick it as described here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7120#p53990. At least that worked for me :) (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7120#p53995)

3) It seems you didn't follow my writings until the end. Look at the flow diagramm a posted: The 'time writing code' as called by a boot routine too.
If you want I can write small app (based on Memjack2) that ask exeDSP for current time using _ZN4TCTv17GetSystemInfoTimeEPmi and displays and outputs it to stdout :) That way you will have correct time value at any moment and wouldn't risk bricking your TV :)
That's been my real target. But before doing so i wanted to check that the function '_ZN4TCTv17GetSystemInfoTimeEPmi' does what a assumed :)

WOW, you already did that! GREAT :)
I will study your code!
Last edited by hedak on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

hedak wrote:Hi sectroyer,

1) 'reboot' is risky only if you flashed something, especially between flashing a partition and its hash. At the time when i recommend to use it your tv is already safe. Partitions and its hashes have already been flashed correctly and there have been several reboots beyond. BTW you don't have to use 'reboot'. But as exeDSP crashed (but your are still on tv via ssh/telnet) you can't use your remote or the touch buttons on tv. So you only could run another command or unplug tv from power. Correct me if i am wrong ;)
2) Of course a completely wrong start.sh may brick your tv too (therefore i gave a working example and remember this a devs thread!). To be absolutely safe you could move the self-rename part on its very top. But then you had to manually rename 'start.sh.dis' to 'start.sh' after every reboot manually :/
3) It seems you didn't follow my writings until the end. Look at the flow diagramm a posted: The 'time writing code' as called by a boot routine too.
That's been my real target. But before doing so i wanted to check that the function '_ZN4TCTv17GetSystemInfoTimeEPmi' does what a assumed :)

WOW, you already did that! GREAT :)
I will study your code!
So if I don't flash anything I can call reboot anytime? On ES there is /sbin/micom reboot command which is safe so I was looking for the same command on C but failed :( The time returned by _ZN4TCTv17GetSystemInfoTimeEPmi is still little of at some situations (for example daylight saving)... Look at it maybe you will come up with something:)
hedak

Post by hedak »

I don't see any reason why not calling 'reboot'. I used it several times. Think of a power breakdown that was even harder...
@devs: correct me please if i am wrong!
(sadly micom binary doesn't seem to exist on c series)
The time returned by _ZN4TCTv17GetSystemInfoTimeEPmi is still little of at some situations (for example daylight saving)... Look at it maybe you will come up with something:)
Let's move to your thread regarding this 'problem' ;)
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

sync;micom reboot
this way cache gets flushed
hedak

Post by hedak »

There's no 'micom' in:

Code: Select all

/bin
/sbin
/usr/bin
/usr/sbin
:shock:

But u'r right a 'sync' before 'reboot' was better!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

hedak wrote:There's no 'micom' in:

Code: Select all

/bin
/sbin
/usr/bin
/usr/sbin
:shock:

But u'r right a 'sync' before 'reboot' was better!
Better with what ? :D 'sync' (command?) makes 'reboot' more safe ? :D
Mkò

Post by Mkò »

hi to all i'm not a devel but i can say that i use the command reboot a lot and i never get a brick. sometimes when i play with internet at tv widget the remote stop working and the tv went unresponsive so i simply reboot with reboot command that work ever and i never get a brick.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

"reboot" usually causes problems on c530\550. On other models it does nothing bad.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[C] Firmware”