SAMSUNG ue50mu6120k

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

Comptek

SAMSUNG ue50mu6120k

Post by Comptek »

Hi guys don't shoot I'm new here :D
Right I have a Samsung ue50mu6120k, when you power it up the screen flashes randomly, the front led goes off and on, I read about leaving it plugged in for 4 hours switched on connected to the internet, hoping it will update but nothing has changed.
I dont know what firmware it's on or anything as I can't get anything up on screen to find out, tried info-menu-mute-power doesn't seem to work. Can I update using a USB stick even though I don't see what I'm clicking?

Any help I will be great thanks guys

Gary
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: SAMSUNG ue50mu6120k

Post by sectroyer »

Comptek wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:35 am Right I have a Samsung ue50mu6120k, when you power it up the screen flashes randomly, the front led goes off and on, I read about leaving it plugged in for 4 hours switched on connected to the internet, hoping it will update but nothing has changed.
Nah if your TV works AT ALL :) It DID update to "latest fw" so no need for updating via usb :) It will ignore such "deprecated updates" :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Comptek

Post by Comptek »

Thanks for the reply, Can I do like a downgrade or something via USB ? Or is there anything that will get it to at least do more then it's doing thank you
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Comptek wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 am Thanks for the reply, Can I do like a downgrade or something via USB ? Or is there anything that will get it to at least do more then it's doing thank you
WHY are you assuming at all it does "Anything" ? :) IMHO it's dead, but no idea what you did with that. is screen dead or board? Anyway try warranty :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Comptek

Post by Comptek »

I have ordered another board now hopefully that will solve it, I will try the warranty root after the board
Thanks for you input
zwarder1

Post by zwarder1 »

Did you have any luck with this I have one on the bench doing something similar
zwarder1

Post by zwarder1 »

No luck changed board same issue
zwarder1

Post by zwarder1 »

Kept this TV & now it is going. There was a short in the panel. Blocking some of the ribbon connections cured it.

Return to “[M/Q] General”