Downloads or extract apps from Samsung TV Store

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

zhuki

Downloads or extract apps from Samsung TV Store

Post by zhuki »

Hi Everyone,

I have an M Series Smart TV from Samsung, and I know that apps can be installed from an IP somehow. Is it possible however to extract an app, or download (the widget I suppose?) from the Samsung store and have it installed this way on my TV - not officially through the Samsung Appstore?

One scenario would be if your store is set to US Market and you would want to have the BBC iPlayer installed on TV.

Thanks and sorry if it is a dumb question, I am quite a newbie on this whole thing.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Downloads or extract apps from Samsung TV Store

Post by juusso »

Without root - nope. Sure you can play with SDK etc to get some dinamic ip addresses, but i`m not an expert in this.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mabusdogma

Post by mabusdogma »

If we get the *.wgt from another source it would be the same... you can get the SS IPTV widget and install it if you have Tizen Studio. Maybe there's some more *.wgt files for M/Q series out there...
klausi129

Post by klausi129 »

Is there no way to download the app or just extract the tv appstore url?
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

So no chance to get at the .wgt files similar to how it works on the old non-Tizen devices?
sdsp

Post by sdsp »

zhuki wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm Hi Everyone,

I have an M Series Smart TV from Samsung, and I know that apps can be installed from an IP somehow. Is it possible however to extract an app, or download (the widget I suppose?) from the Samsung store and have it installed this way on my TV - not officially through the Samsung Appstore?

One scenario would be if your store is set to US Market and you would want to have the BBC iPlayer installed on TV.

Thanks and sorry if it is a dumb question, I am quite a newbie on this whole thing.
I remember once I did it for someone, this is how I did, I had a firewall on my router and I enabled the monitoring feature, on my TV I downloaded the app after that I checked the firewall log and I found the URL address and I gaved to the person who was seeking for the app :D but as far as I know the app must be decrypted in order to use it through the development mode, and there is a decryption software for pre2014 model in forum but I'm not sure if there for Tizen series.. anyway I hope this would be helpful for you or others..
H8000

Return to “[M/Q] General”