Q7F - 55

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

MQ7Rocks

Q7F - 55

Post by MQ7Rocks »

Hi all,

Have been reading on the forum, checking out some youtube vids but no matter what I do I cant get into the service menu, I have tried:

1. Info - Menu - Mute - Power On - TV just turns on no menu
2. Info - Settings - Mute - Power On - TV just turns on no menu
3. Mute 1 8 2 Power - TV turns on before I can even get to Power
  • I have turned the power off an tried
    I have tried different Remotes
    One YouTube video said you have to wait for 1 - 2 minutes with the TV off before trying - Tried that with the codes above and nothing.
I am on Firmware 1210.8

What I want to do is see if I can see any settings to enable the Network Expert Settings. I need to get to the setting that allows one to control the TV over Ethernet. This is so I can plug my Home Automation into it.

Reading up about it apparently the feature is there but they remove it for certain regions.

would really appreciate the help.

On my MU7000 I can get into the Service Menu using option 2. Above. This Q7 I can't do jack. This is a 2017 model.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Q7F - 55

Post by juusso »

This will work on Q7. https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... _.28SRC.29

Click S1 and then S2 when TV is on and normaly working. You get into service menu ASAP.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
MQ7Rocks

Post by MQ7Rocks »

juusso wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:59 pm This will work on Q7. https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... _.28SRC.29

Click S1 and then S2 when TV is on and normaly working. You get into service menu ASAP.
Rock star thank you @juusso will try it in a bit. I have the IR codes for FACTORY and S3, does anyone have the INFO one?

@juusso do you know of a setting or anyone that has enabled the Expert Settings on the Network section in System (Settings). The USA and Canada guys have it by default so it looks region locked but surely it must be somewhere. They all running 1210.8 firmware now. When I looked at region on my MU7000 there was just Japan, South America, Africa
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Info is S1 in SRC app. No idea where is region lock. Might be you just have to change region...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
MQ7Rocks

Post by MQ7Rocks »

juusso wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:42 pm Info is S1 in SRC app. No idea where is region lock. Might be you just have to change region...
It worked thank you Juusso!

Just a quick question where would the Wake on Lan setting be in the service menu - under which menu item?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Nowhere. Not exists.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
MQ7Rocks

Post by MQ7Rocks »

I have gone through every setting nothing makes sense for Wake On lan or Network control.

IPv6 is already enabled.

It's just a menu setting under expert settings for network

Region is the only thing that can change it?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I maintain: WOL doesn't exist.
zoelechat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 pm Have a look there: EX-Link UART Control
MQ7Rocks

Post by MQ7Rocks »

Ok maybe I am being dumb well def I am.

So let's forget about WOL. In some countries the same Q series has an additional setting under:
Select Menu -> Setting -> General -> Network -> Expert Settings -> Set 'IP Remote' to 'Enable'.

If one does this in the menu you can still connect to the TV while it's "in sleep / standby"

This works for home automation system. That's the only reason, the explanation is that in this mode the NIC and WiFi NIC don't go into sleep mode when in standby or "sleep". Even though the screen is off one can still communicate to it over TCP/IP.

That's what I am trying to figure out if at all possible to set somewhere without the menu option or get that dam menu option :)

Again thanks so much for the help so far
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well... Never heard, at least not that way. Any source maybe? :)

Return to “[M/Q] General”