Enabling PVR?

General forum talking area for N/QN series TVs.

DonaldDuck

Enabling PVR?

Post by DonaldDuck »

Have anyone been able to enable PVR on the 2018 models? I have enabled PVR in the service menu, but when I try record, I get en error, telling me that a USB device are not available, I have tried witch serverals USB devices (HD and flash)

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Massimo555

Re: Enabling PVR?

Post by Massimo555 »

Yes, I did it on my UE50NU7400!
I studied a couple of weeks reading tons of forum, blog and users reviews in the amazon stores (many different countries)... and finally I succeeded. Maybe I’m the only one on earth :D
Your model and country?
DonaldDuck

Post by DonaldDuck »

Cool to hear that you managed to get the PVR working :D . My model is a UE49NU7105 and I am located in Denmark
Massimo555

Post by Massimo555 »

Ok DonaldDuck, maybe I’ve not good news for you, but you can try. Reading on internet seems that PVR could be enabled in NU 7400 and 7500 series.

What you need is a Samsung smartphone with IR (infra red), in this way you will able to get into the “advanced” service menu.

Are you able to get one of this?
DonaldDuck

Post by DonaldDuck »

Yes I have the service remote, info + factory gives me access to the advanced service menu
Massimo555

Post by Massimo555 »

Ok, good. In my case I had the local region fixed to EU_italy. I switched to EU. After that I’ve enabled Extended PVR to ON and I’ve done a factory reset. Finally in the very first tv configuration I’ve been able to set a country different from Italy and I selected “other”, it’s the last choice in the country list.
Pro: my PVR now works!
Cons: after reset the channel list was ordered in alphabetically order. I ordered all my preferred channels and than exported on USB (in case I have to reset again in future).

Please remember that using the service menu could be very dangerous for you tv. I was very worried while I was doing that.

Let me know.
Mikeo31

Post by Mikeo31 »

I would like t ok enable the pvr on my USA NU6900. Any help would be excellent.
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

DonaldDuck wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:38 am Cool to hear that you managed to get the PVR working :D . My model is a UE49NU7105 and I am located in Denmark
That's strange. For what I was able to gather online, you shouldn't be able to enable the PVR on NU71xx series TVs. :o Could you maybe go into details which settings you touched in the service menu?
DonaldDuck

Post by DonaldDuck »

@TOMillr

Until now, I have only been able to enable the PVR function in the menu, but when I try to record at TV show, i get's 'a USB device are not available' - I have tried serverals things;
1) Enabling Extended PVR'
2) Change firmware version to NU7400
3) Tried different regions EU_UK, HKG

But always the same result, I won't accept the UBS device
Massimo555

Post by Massimo555 »

Did you plug a usb device? Usb stick or hard drive?

Return to “[N/QN] General”