SamToolBox Channel Editor

Here are software that related with Samsung C series TVs, applications, programs that will run in your TV or computer...:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

MirrorBoy

Re: SamToolBox Channel Editor

Post by MirrorBoy »

Hi all
I've exported channel list from TV and open it in SamToolBox
All channels are sorted by name
But I want to have the channel list sorted by SID
I can sort they in program (click by column name) but this ordering doesn't save and I see on TV old sortering

Could you explain, how to sort channels and save result

Thank you in advance
MirrorBoy

Post by MirrorBoy »

O, worked out!
I have to use chl-file

Another problem: I've sorted by chl-file, but all my channels are set as FavoriteList 1. This is bug (IMHO)

And small wish: could you add a feature: file opening by command line like: SamToolBox.exe MyList.scm

Thank you in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rbuchmann

Post by rbuchmann »

Where can I find the source code? I don't see it on sourceforge.
ovtx62 wrote: ...

You can download from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/samtoolbox/files/

Enjoy!
ovtx62
Thanks
d346129

Bug? - SamToolBox Channel Editor

Post by d346129 »

Editing and saving favourites works fine, but if you load a .scm - fresh from tv or after a program restart the same .scm you just saved before - the favourites are not displayed ok, no matter of what was saved mostly 1,2,3,4,5 is set, sometimes 1,2,3,4.

Attached a stripped down example file from a UE40ES5700 and screenshots of the program after editing and saving and after restarting the program and loading the same file.

This has also been filed as bug at sourceforge.
d346129

Post by d346129 »

A more serious problem, the fileformat of a Samsung LT24B301 can almost not be decoded at all. Some data is read ok, but channel lists are messed up.

Interesting fact: The file decodes fine with SamsChannelEditor-v0.5.

Attached an exported example file from a LT24B301EW and screenshot of the program after loading it.

This has also been filed as bug at sourceforge.

Is the sourcecode for SamToolBox available somewhere? Would like to help to identify/fix these problems in the code.
robert991122

Post by robert991122 »

I am also interested in the source code.
I cannot find them on sourceforge.
Where can i find them?
rbuchmann wrote:Where can I find the source code? I don't see it on sourceforge.

ovtx62 hat geschrieben:...

You can download from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/samtoolbox/files/

Enjoy!
ovtx62

Thanks
robert

Post by robert »

Odd that this project is labeled "Open Source", yet the source code is nowhere to be found. And the Windows executable is UPX-packed. Is there something in there that users are not to know about...?
ji035453

Post by ji035453 »

jw1001 wrote:B series mapAirD does not seem to parse correctly. Details are in the Wiki
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=S ... ist_format
ovtx62 wrote:Hi, version 0.3 is available
New release fixes following problems:
2. map-AirD/map-CableD table display for B-Serie (reported by jw1001)
I just tested SamToolBox Channel Editor and I think that even in the latest version 0.11 it cannot fully replace classic SamyGO Channel Editor version 0.42 for Series B TVs.
Please look at the differences between both tools when I load my map-AirD file, e. g. columns FREQ, FAV, FAV79, ENC, LOCK :(.
I miss in SamToolBox drag and drop feature for quick loading files too.
So I'll stick with old SamyGO Channel Editor version 0.42 for my old Series B TV ;).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SAMSUNG LE40B750U1WXXH SQ01 T-CHL7DEUC-2004.1 (Telnet, StartUp Script, VideoAR Fix 2, Big Yellow Subtitles, CIFS Mount on Virtual USB); Onkyo HTX-22HD + SKS-11, WDTVL, Maximum T-1300, Optex 8891-HD, DVD-1080P9, Synology USB Station 2 + 2x Samsung S1 Mini 200GB EXT4 (3.8W+0.6W+0.6W=5W idle consumption)
kahuna0k

Post by kahuna0k »

robert wrote:Odd that this project is labeled "Open Source", yet the source code is nowhere to be found. And the Windows executable is UPX-packed. Is there something in there that users are not to know about...?
I don't trust this either, it seems that someone is trying to get trust from everybody stating that this is open source, but there is no code available, in the svn you get an empty directory and the packaging of the exe suggest the posibility of a trojan ... I just expect to be over-paranoid, but I won't run something stated as open source with no source ...
ovtx62

Post by ovtx62 »

Hi,
I have been well occupied for last path months so had no time to support latest issues.
It seems pananoid people make crazy comments about SamToolBox:
@robert991122, @kahuna0k :
THERE IS NO TROJAN IN THIS SOFTWARE IF YOU DOWNLOAD FROM SOURCEFORGE SAMTOOLBOX REPOSITORY.
I used UPX tool to make the binary more compact and for no other reason. Nothing to hide.

Also, this is my choice to not release any sources until now until I have time to clean the code. I developed it quick and dirty in some aspects. This is my first SW using Qt. So be patient. I should restart working on it as soon as I have more time.

ovtx62

PS: If you are not happy with this or can't wait, you are free to develop your own SW.

Return to “[C] Software”