SamyGO Extensions for T-VAL6DEUC

Here are software that related with Samsung C series TVs, applications, programs that will run in your TV or computer...:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: SamyGO Extensions for T-VAL6DEUC

Post by arris69 »

Anoniempje wrote:oke, ports inlog ssh etc is back again.
im' not sure it's a good idea to change model type in service menu, i know some people did it others are willing to do it, but i don't answer any questions if tv is manipulated this way....
question remains, is there some way i can browse on my tv with some sort of linux browser?
maybe if you add some php based filemanager. or from ssh session, a shell is the best "browser"
i see nice stuff like smarthub, but i dont have that. Maybe a noob question but, when i do run some stuff on the stick is it possible i see that on TV?
not realy, for b-series partial....
is my root real root, so i could kill some application on the tv and see my root bash ?
there is just 1 user on tv....
when i manage to get a tool on the stick and run it, will it just run in the background or is it possible i use a DISPLAY 0:1 option like?
it runs in foreground except you started it with "&", there is no visual output for your tv-model now.

arris
flalt

Post by flalt »

Hi,

Just in case it would be somehow useful to others - my first steps/observations after installing hacked VAL6DEUC firmware, and installing SamyGO (as described by arris69 in first post of this topic, using files provided there).

First thing I wasn't 100% sure about: is FAT32 ok here? Or older FAT(16) is necessary? Decided to go with FAT32, because I was too curious to miss opportunity finding it out :) Short version: yes, FAT32 works.

Second thing I wasn't 100% sure about: what exactly was meant by "replace all scripts in "init.d" with the new versions from "samygo-init.d.tar.gz". The question was, should files not currently existing in "init.d", but existing in archive, also be added to "init.d"? As it's not replacing. Also, what about files not in archive, but present in "init.d". Should I leave them there? Probably yes, as otherwise, previous step "delete init.d/01_05_framebuffer.init" would make no sense. So, I decided, that it's almost certainly this option: "just extract everything from archive to init.d, replacing when necessary". So I did exactly that.

So, USB flash drive prepared, inserted, TV booted up.Trying SSH to TV. Success! Ehmm... User ir probably "root", but what's the password? :D
First result in google indicated it's "SamyGO". Nice, it works! And it's fun :)
Played some time with the shell, started "top" to see what is CPU load when using media player, etc.

OK, let's add hosts entry "192.168.0.180 tv" in my PC, so i don't need to type IP address anymore :)

Looking back to this topic/thread. Found URL "cgi-bin/test.cgi" mentioned, tested if it works on my
TV. Yes, "TV/cgi-bin/test.cgi" is accessible using browser! :) Got interested in "what would I see if I
remove filename and path, and leave just host name". So I tried "TV/" and was surprised to see
phpinfo() output! Wow, PHP already running on my TV :shock: This is extra nice! :twisted:
Especially since I enjoy developing web applications in PHP :)

Ok, let's look for a way to navigate TV filesystem more easily.
Trying to run Midnight Commander. Doesn't work. Segmentation fault.
Let's try WinSCP. It works, can browse filesystem using SCP :)
Although when connecting I get this error/warning message:

Code: Select all

Command 'groups'
failed with return code 127 and error message
-sh: groups: not found.
Going through folders i noticed folder /dtv
There I found /dtv/cgi-bin/test.cgi (hehe, it's sh script) and /dtv/www/index.php (php).
Added file /dtv/www/mytest.php with following php code:

<?='Hello from SamyGo PHP on '.date('Y.m.d h:i:s')?>
Can access it using browser! Although for some reason date is not set (1970). Time is ticking, but not sure if it was reseted
after firmware update, or it's for some reason reset on each reboot. So, i'm rebooting TV, to check that.

Strange. Can not connect (ssh/scp/http) anymore. Ping works.

Ok, after scratching my head for approx 4 minutes, I noticed it's up and running again. Does it take 4 minutes to boot up SamyGO?
Or it gets started only after I do something? For example when I go to media player, etc.? Will have to find it out too..

One more thing I just noticed - the file I added to /dtv/www is gone. Is this folder deleted and re-created on SamyGO startup?
Hm, ok, in that case I will probably just have my php files in USB flash drive, and edit "init.d\06_05_apache.init", so that
browser requests to "TV/mystuff" would look for html/php files in USB folder "/www/mystuff/", or similar.

Also noticed folder "/dtv/www/phpsysinfo/"; looks like app for display system information, but accessing it from web browser fails:

52 	include(class..inc.php) 	specified sensor programm is not supported
Well, that's it for today.

In future will try to to play with samba shares:
1) access them from TV
2) setting up one on TV (so I can share USB HDD, that is attached to TV).

P.S. in case anyone thinks this kind of "information" is not needed here - let me know, will keep my thoughts/babbling to myself :)
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

flalt wrote:Hi,

Just in case it would be somehow useful to others - my first steps/observations after installing hacked VAL6DEUC firmware,and installing SamyGO (as described by arris69 in first post of this topic, using files provided there).
you got exactly the point, explore it, conquer it and enjoy it... :-)
flalt

Post by flalt »

So, as promised earlier, I tried to access samba shares TV.

After investigating script "04_04_samba.init", entering my username/password there, and restarting TV, result was following:
1. On usb device folder 'smb' successfully showed up
2. In folder 'smb' folder "192.168.0.7" (IP of my PC) successfully showed up
3. unfortunately, each of shared folders looked empty from TV Media Player (no files/folders inside them)

After some further investigations I finally decided to run "04_04_samba.init" manually, and noticed this:

# ./04_04_samba.init start
insmod: cannot insert '/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko': Unknown symbol in module (-1): No such file or directory
Then I remembered earlier posts in this topic, and did this:

# dmesg | tail -1
cifs: Unknown symbol refrigerator
Seems to be exactly the same issue Anoniempje already wrote about.

If I understood correctly, this means I should replace files already present in this folder of my SamyGO USB flash drive:

{USB}/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/*
with files present in here:
SamyGO-All-Modules-v0.03.7-r01-for-armv7a_valencia_DEV-T-VAL6DEUC-20110912071317.zip?
(but only replace files that already exist in USB flash drive; do not copy any new files from zip archive, that were not present on USB flash drive before?)

Does above procedure involve any additional risks I should know about / precautions I should take?
Or is it as safe as most of SamyGO - just remove SamyGO USB drive, ant it will boot up even if something in above process failed? :)
sco

Post by sco »

Hi guys -

had some problems with my smb and nfs shares - ( they were working - as in showing files, not just the folders as mentioned by all previously)
after investigation in cgi-bin/test.cgi i could see it was the modules that were either ": No such file or directory" or ": File exists"

I could run the sh scripts from an ssh shell and that would return the same errors as cgi-bin ....but the shares would work after this!!!
however would not work from boot.

so i decided to re-read this thread and re load up the extensions. I must have replaced more/less/different modules because results are different
Now i get a virtual samyGO device! (/dtv/usb/sdb) and there, its mapped my nfs and smb shares -

i like this because it only mounts this new virtual device once its made its connection to home network (wireless dongle) and pops up with a new device (again i like this because it tells you that your shares are now ready!)

this time i used;
SamyGO-All-Extensions-v0.03.6-r12-for-T-VALDEUC-20110103184650.zip
and replaced (obviously differently this time!) the mod/drivers from
SamyGO-All-Modules-v0.03.7-r01-for-armv7a_valencia_DEV-T-VAL6DEUC-20110912071317.zip

now come some questions ..... :)

Is this the preferred method ?
if i wanted to get the pvr working do i just tell the sript where my nfs share is ?? is it now the new virtual device share (or have i got the wrong idea and pvr wont work unless i have an actual pvr type server/software running on another machine)
can i use some kind of scp or rsync when in ssh shell with tv? or is the best way to go via my network shares - which the tv will have access to.
i probably should learn Vim but right now i like nano. being new-ish to gnu-linux too, im guessing its busybox that will help me get nano??

I have arranged some time to play around with the modules tomorrow so will update if i find anything more interesting.... btw would you want the logs of all this? or are the extensions for the T-val6deuc finished in testing?
sco

Post by sco »

ok, have tested using the following

SamyGO-All-Extensions-v0.03.6-r12-for-T-VALDEUC-20110103184650.zip
samygo-trunk.tar.gz
samygo-init.d.tar.gz
SamyGO-All-Modules-v0.03.7-r01-for-armv7a_valencia_DEV-T-VAL6DEUC-20110912071317.zip

added my settings into needed nfs and smb configs that were in samygo-init.d.tar.gz

04_04_samba.init (alos edited SamyGO/etc/samba)
03_03_nfsmount.init

loaded up cgi-bin/test.cgi

ran my way through the list...

i used the below 3 modules from the pack;

cifs.ko
dummy_hcd.ko
g_file_storage.ko

seeing as the virtual usb device now works and the shares on it:
do the errors from;

/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/init.d/01_05_hiddev.init
"cat: can't open '/sys/class/input/input*/name': No such file or directory"
evdev.ko': File exists (-1): File exists
usbhid.ko': File exists (-1): File exists
uhid.ko': File exists (-1): File exists

and : /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/init.d/02_04_vusb.ini

+ . /dtv/SGO.env
+ SYSROOT=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO
+ MOUNT_PATH=/dtv/usb/sdb
+ export MOD_DIR=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8
+ export TMPDIR=/dtv
+ export HOME=/mtd_wiselink
+ export SMB_CONF_PATH=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/samba/smb.conf
+ LOGFILE=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/samygo.log
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/lib:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/lib:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/usr/lib:/lib
+ PATH=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/sbin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/bin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/bin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/sbin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/sbin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/bin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/usr/bin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/usr/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/etc/Scripts:/etc/Scripts/CIP:/etc/Scripts:/etc/Scripts/CIP
+ export ENV=/dtv/.ashrc
+ export FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/sam/fb0
+ export DISTROOT=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer
+ mkfs.vfat -C /dtv/vusb 500
mkfs.vfat 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)
+ insmod /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/dummy_hcd.ko
insmod: cannot insert '/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/dummy_hcd.ko': File exists (-1): File exists
+ insmod /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/drivers/mstar/usb/gadget/dummy_hcd.ko
insmod: can't open '/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/drivers/mstar/usb/gadget/dummy_hcd.ko': No such file or directory
+ sleep 2
+ insmod /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/g_file_storage.ko
insmod: cannot insert '/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/g_file_storage.ko': File exists (-1): File exists
+ insmod /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/drivers/mstar/usb/gadget/g_file_storage.ko release=0x0206
insmod: can't open '/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8/kernel/drivers/mstar/usb/gadget/g_file_storage.ko': No such file or directory
+ sleep 3
+ dev=sda1
+ cat /sys/block/sda/device/model
+ grep -c SamyGO Virt
+ [ 0 -gt 0 ]
+ echo real storage device at: /sys/block/sda/device/model
real storage device at: /sys/block/sda/device/model
+ cat /sys/block/sdb/device/model
+ grep -c SamyGO Virt
+ [ 1 -gt 0 ]
+ echo found gadget at: /sys/block/sdb/device/model
found gadget at: /sys/block/sdb/device/model
+ echo /sys/block/sdb/device/model
+ sed s/^\/.*\(sd.\)\/.*/\1/g
+ dev=sdb
+ echo scsidev: sdb
scsidev: sdb
+ sed -i -e s,MountPlaceholder,/dtv/usb/sdb, /dtv/SGO.env 
need attention ? ie do i need to swap these modules?
sco

Post by sco »

oh and the output of something i really want to work...

/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/init.d/80_80_record_to_nwshare.init
pls request it on forum
error : No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted

i followed these instructions http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/PVR_Re ... r_C-Series

+ . /dtv/SGO.env
+ SYSROOT=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO
+ MOUNT_PATH=/dtv/usb/sdb
+ export MOD_DIR=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.24_SELP.4.3.x-Cortex-A8
+ export TMPDIR=/dtv
+ export HOME=/mtd_wiselink
+ export SMB_CONF_PATH=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/samba/smb.conf
+ LOGFILE=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/samygo.log
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/lib:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/lib:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lib:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/usr/lib:/lib
+ PATH=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/sbin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/bin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/bin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/sbin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/sbin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/bin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/usr/bin:/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/usr/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/etc/Scripts:/etc/Scripts/CIP:/etc/Scripts:/etc/Scripts/CIP
+ export ENV=/dtv/.ashrc
+ export FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/sam/fb0
+ export DISTROOT=/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/opt/privateer
+ SAMYGODEVS=/dev/sdb /dev/sdc
+ PVRSERVER=192.168.1.66
+ PVRPATH=/mnt/HD/HD_a2/record
+ M_OPTS=soft,tcp,nolock
+ WAIT=40
+ echo
+ WriteToLog Start Record to Network Share script (80_80_record_to_nwshare.init) 1
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=19700101-002602
+ echo  19700101-002602 Start Record to Network Share script (80_80_record_to_nwshare.init)
+ CheckNFSServer 192.168.1.66
+ WriteToLog Check if server 192.168.1.66 is reachable and NFS service available... 1 -n
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=19700101-002602
+ echo -n 19700101-002602 Check if server 192.168.1.66 is reachable and NFS service available...
+ showmount --no-header -e 192.168.1.66
+ [ 0 = 0 ]
+ WriteToLog OK 2
+ echo  OK
+ return 0
+ [ 0 = 0 ]
+ SearchPVRImageMP
+ FOUND=false
+ WriteToLog Search for mount point of pvrimage... 1
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=19700101-002602
+ echo  19700101-002602 Search for mount point of pvrimage...
+ sleep 40
+ echo /dev/sdb /dev/sdc
+ grep -e ^/dev/sdb /proc/mounts
+ cut -d   -f 2
+ MPOINT=/dtv/usb/sdb
+ [ -e /dtv/usb/sdb/.PlaceHolderDO-NOT-REMOVE ]
+ grep -e ^/dev/sdc /proc/mounts
+ cut -d   -f 2
+ MPOINT=
+ [ -e /.PlaceHolderDO-NOT-REMOVE ]
+ [ false = true ]
+ echo No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted
No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted
+ WriteToLog No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted 1
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=19700101-002642
+ echo  19700101-002642 No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted
+ WriteToLog End Record to Network Share script (80_80_record_to_nwshare.init) 1
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=19700101-002642
+ echo  19700101-002642 End Record to Network Share script (80_80_record_to_nwshare.init)
double nfs shares are operational
both shares have rw access
i have two virtual usb devices one works nicely for the shares
the other says "no media found on this device" kinda thing

what am i doing wrong??
woutf

Post by woutf »

I managed to install the firmware on my UE32C6000. I can't get the extensions to work though.

I formatted a USB-drive with FAT and then copied the necessary files to it, as explained here: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2296.
I then editted the samba config and added the correct info

##### CHANGE MEEEEE !!!!! ######
USER="Administrator"
PASSWD="*********"
PERM="rw" # can be ro or rw
##### CHANGE MEEEEE END ######

[ -e /mtd_rwarea/smb_userdata ] && source /mtd_rwarea/smb_userdata

[ -z $USER ] && exit 1
[ -z $PASSWD ] && exit 1

DEST_DIR=$MOUNT_PATH/smb
SERVER="192.168.1.45"
# SERVER="10.0.0.1" # if you want a fixed server
SHARES="Videos"
FR_NAME="Samba Server"
# M_OPTS="rw,user=${USER},password=${PASSWD}"
M_OPTS="$PERM,user=${USER},password=${PASSWD},codepage=cp1250,iocharset=utf8"
The file is located at: USBDRIVE:\SamyGO\etc\init.d\04_04_samba.init

I then plugged in the drive, and turned the tv on. In the source list for the Media Play I only see the flashdrive with SamyGO on it, no other virtual drives.

This is the nmap result

Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-02-25 18:25 W. Europe Standard Time

NSE: Loaded 57 scripts for scanning.

Initiating ARP Ping Scan at 18:25

Scanning 192.168.1.52 [1 port]

Completed ARP Ping Scan at 18:25, 0.09s elapsed (1 total hosts)

Initiating Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 18:25

Completed Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 18:25, 0.05s elapsed

Initiating SYN Stealth Scan at 18:25

Scanning 192.168.1.52 [1000 ports]

Completed SYN Stealth Scan at 18:25, 0.10s elapsed (1000 total ports)

Initiating Service scan at 18:25

Initiating OS detection (try #1) against 192.168.1.52

Retrying OS detection (try #2) against 192.168.1.52

Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.52

Host is up (0.00015s latency).

All 1000 scanned ports on 192.168.1.52 are closed

MAC Address: E4:7C:F9:86:EF:DE (Samsung Electronics Co.)

Too many fingerprints match this host to give specific OS details

Network Distance: 1 hop

TRACEROUTE

HOP RTT     ADDRESS

1   0.15 ms 192.168.1.52

Read data files from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap

OS and Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at http://nmap.org/submit/ .

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 3.21 seconds

Raw packets sent: 1013 (45.696KB) | Rcvd: 1013 (41.632KB)
What am I doing wrong?

Return to “[C] Software”