PVR Disable Encryption C/D Serie.

Here are software that related with Samsung C series TVs, applications, programs that will run in your TV or computer...:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

zeroxx1986

Re: PVR Disable Encryption C/D Serie.

Post by zeroxx1986 »

Thank you very much for this piece of software, I have an UExxC6600 television, and this hack works great.
Only thing is that I cannot seem to make this to start automatically with samygo.
What I did was:

0. Had 3009.2 firmware
1. Downgraded to 3005.1 via 0000 firmware
2. Applied Internet@TV hack
3. Upgraded firmware to 3009.2
4. Used the Hotel Mode hack for the 3009.2 firmware. (http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Hackin ... UC-3009.2))
5. Confirmed Telnet and FTP working
6. Copied the valencia/samsung_pvr file to /dtv folder via FTP
7. chmod, execute, tried to record then play back on PC. Success.

And this is where I'm stuck. I've searched the complete file structure via FTP, but couldn't find "\SamyGO\opt\privateer\usr\sbin", nor the "\SamyGO\etc\init.d" folder required, nor anything related to samygo or similar folders for these files. I've also tried to copy the samsung_pvr file to mtd_rwarea then modified start.sh (also here, this was the last step for the hotel mode hack) and added the commands to copy the file to /dtv then execute it, but it won't get executed.

I'd really appreciate some help with this, I'm *this* close to make this work without having to telnet into the tv and execute a custom shell command by hand :)

Thanks in advance
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

all this should go to the SamyGO folder in your USB stick, not the dtv folder in your TV.
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
zeroxx1986

Post by zeroxx1986 »

greenhorn wrote:all this should go to the SamyGO folder in your USB stick, not the dtv folder in your TV.
Thank you for the quick reply. However I'm a bit sceptical with this for the following reason: (I'm still gonna try and search for these folders in my usb stick which I've did the hotel mode hack)
The last two points for hacking over hotel mode:
17. Run command cp $OPT_DIR/usr/restore/start.sh /mtd_rwarea/start.sh
18. Done. Now each time you insert any USB key, or if you TV start with a USB key plugged in, SamyGo will start.

I've done #17, and tested it with my usb hard drive. If I connect my hard drive to my TV, telnet suddenly works, even though I have used a different USB pendrive for the hotel mode hack, which wasn't connected.

Or the whole thing is only that I need to create the samygo folder structure in a USB drive and just copy the 2 files over? - update: tried this, didn't work.

Thanks in advance

Update:
I've searched for any samygo folders on the usb stick which was used for hacking, and didn't find any. The closest relevance was /opt/sbin and /opt/etc/init.d/ (so no samygo folder whatsoever, nor privateer/usr folders). I tried copying the files to these directories, but it didn't work.

Now I'm trying to copy a whole samygo extension pack to a pendrive along with the run.sh file; and copy the two files into their respected places (I've found the directories, yay!). I'll try it out shortly and update this post accordingly.

Update #2:
I've tried this with a whole samygo extension package, included with it the essential run.sh, every permission was okay, everything was at the right place. When the USB stick was inserted, the run.sh didn't even try to run, no scriptOK, nor output log file was made. Naturally, the encription disable hack didn't run either.

I'm totally clueless at this point, I can't think of anything to do which could help the situation right now..
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

get last "All-Extensions" for valencia (it's r12)
extract SamyGO-All-Extensions-Bugfix-v0.03.6-r15-for-valencia-20111001120232.zip over it
and then extract SamyGO-libs-T-VALDEUC-20110123101934.zip
the enable/disable what you like to [not]use
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
zeroxx1986

Post by zeroxx1986 »

greenhorn wrote:get last "All-Extensions" for valencia (it's r12)
extract SamyGO-All-Extensions-Bugfix-v0.03.6-r15-for-valencia-20111001120232.zip over it
and then extract SamyGO-libs-T-VALDEUC-20110123101934.zip
the enable/disable what you like to [not]use
That's what I did. It wouldn't get executed on USB insert. Do I have to manually execute it via telnet?
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

For the Hotel Mode hack you have to use SamyGO.sh file in root of your usb drive, NOT run.sh!!!!
Did you add the 'SamyGO.sh' path to the USB root pointing to the 'rcSGO' file? My SamyGO.sh is just:

Code: Select all

/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/rcSGO >/dev/null 2>&1 &
zeroxx1986

Post by zeroxx1986 »

greenhorn wrote:For the Hotel Mode hack you have to use SamyGO.sh file in root of your usb drive, NOT run.sh!!!!
Did you add the 'SamyGO.sh' path to the USB root pointing to the 'rcSGO' file? My SamyGO.sh is just:

/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/rcSGO >/dev/null 2>&1 &
Thank you! It works finally. Not without hiccups, but it works! I've formatted an USB pendrive to ext3, copied the whole SamyGO folder and the SamyGO.sh script to it, made the necessary chmods. After that, I've started up the TV without any USB device inserted, waited a bit, then inserted the USB pendrive. The TV displayed the SamyGO Virt. USB device, which was an indication that SamyGO was running. After that I've inserted the USB hard drive (which was used for recordings), waited a bit also, then tried a recording. The recorded video was unencrypted, so everything was fine.

After that I've got curious about how to minimize this "ritual" described above, so I experimented a little:

Scenario #1: I've left both USB devices attached to the TV, then started it up. The Hotel mode hack was running, I've checked via telnet, but SamyGO wouldn't start, no matter what.

Scenario #2: I've left the USB hard drive connected, started up the TV, then after confirming that the hotel mode hack was working, inserted the USB pendrive with SamyGO. The TV only displayed it as a flash device, no indication that SamyGO was running. Tried a recording, it was encrypted. (I still have to check that in this case what is the pendrive's mounting point, I think it's not sda1..) Update: I've modified the startup script, changed sda1 to sdb1, and Scenario #2 works this way.

Scenario #3: The USB hard drive has 2 partitions. One was formatted by the TV, and used for the recordings, the other one was formatted as NTFS. I've copied the SamyGO folder and the script to my hard drive, over to the NTFS partition. I've checked via telnet whether that when only the hard drive is connected, the sda1 is the correct mounting point. It was correct. I've tried connecting the hard drive to the TV when the TV was running, but the SamyGO Virt. USB wasn't displayed, the recordings made were encrypted. I've also tried leaving the USB connected, and start the TV, but the recordings were encrypted also.

I still have to dig a bit deeper with this, maybe I can copy the entire SamyGO to the TV (I'm not sure, the TV doesn't support "Games").
But, the way it is now, it's still better than having to telnet into the TV and start the encryption disabling script by hand.

Scenario #3 would be the best option if it had worked at all, even better if it had worked on startup, so I wouldn't have to unplug it before turning on the TV, then re-plug it afterwards.
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

Is true that this trick doesn't work on firmware t-valdeuc 3014?
ka81

Post by ka81 »

ka81 wrote: i copied needed files to usb-flash
could somebody post a lint to zip with those needed files for USB-stick, please?
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

could it be that patch doesn't work anymore with T-VALDEUC 3015.0?
i still have unencrypted recordings on my nfs server but i think, after i updated from 3005.1 to 3015.0 and reapplied the hack, recording starts, files are created on rec-drive (no matter if USB-HDD or nfs share) but no further data is written, video file stays 0KB...
with disabled patch recording ok but crypted of course...

# sh -x /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/init.d/01_04_pvr_drm_disable.init.dis start
+ samsung_pvr
# Value Changed 4         (then i started recording, tv said recording started but no data written)
Value Changed 54
Value Changed 54
                                    (stopped recording, tv said recording finished successfully)
# sh -x /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/init.d/01_04_pvr_drm_disable.init.dis stop          (tried to stop samsung_pvr)
# Value Changed 54        (next record attempt, no success)
Value Changed 54

# ps -aux
  PID  Uid        VSZ Stat Command
    1 root       1384 SW  init       
    2 root            SW< [kthreadd]
    3 root            SW< [posix_cpu_timer]
    4 root            SW< [softirq-high/0]
    5 root            SW< [softirq-timer/0]
    6 root            SW< [softirq-net-tx/]
    7 root            SW< [softirq-net-rx/]
    8 root            SW< [softirq-block/0]
    9 root            SW< [softirq-tasklet]
   10 root            SW< [softirq-sched/0]
   11 root            SW< [softirq-rcu/0]
   12 root            SW< [desched/0]
   13 root            SW< [events/0]
   14 root            SW< [khelper]
   15 root            SW< [kblockd/0]
   16 root            SW  [kdtvlogd]
   17 root            SW  [pdflush]
   18 root            SW  [pdflush]
   19 root            SW< [kswapd0]
   20 root            SW< [aio/0]
   21 root            SW< [xfslogd/0]
   22 root            SW< [xfsdatad/0]
   23 root            SW< [xfs_mru_cache]
   24 root            SW< [rpciod/0]
   43 root       1384 SW  -sh 
   45 root       1388 SW  /bin/sh /etc/rc.local 
   60 root       1388 SW  /bin/sh /mtd_exe/rc.local 
   61 root     1384632 SW  ./exeDSP 
   70 root            SW  [aeMsgTask]
  467 root            SW< [ksuspend_usbd]
  468 root            SW< [khubd]
  476 root            SW< [scsi_eh_0]
  477 root            SW< [usb-storage]
  496 root            DW  [scsi-poller]
  586 root       1388 SW  udhcpc -i eth0 -T 2 -b 
  677 root            SW< [file-storage-ga]
  681 root            SW< [scsi_eh_1]
  682 root            SW< [usb-storage]
  775 root            SW< [xfsbufd]
  853 root       2216 SW  dropbear 
  855 root       1816 SW  vsftpd /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/vsftpd.conf 
  866 root            SW< [xfssyncd]
 1115 root       2292 SW  dropbear 
 1116 root       1388 SW  -sh 
 1118 root       4724 SW  samsung_pvr 
 1161 root       3804 RW  ps -aux 
# kill 1118                                 (stopping didn't work !?, then we'll do it manually)
#                                               (after this recording works again, but encrypted...)
so it's time to try whats the last fw version for my UExxC6500 with working drm-patch
or better question: what important improvements have been made since 3005.1?

[EDIT]
Downgraded Firmware back to 3005.1
pvr_drm_disable working again and records are playable on other machines AND on TV via default menu recordings
[/EDIT]
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.

Return to “[C] Software”