nYouTubeHD3D extended

Here are software that related with Samsung C series TVs, applications, programs that will run in your TV or computer...:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

tomt6100

Re: nYouTubeHD3D extended

Post by tomt6100 »

It has partial support which doesnt even seem to work with demos provided by samsung, i guess it got better support for those demos in D series. I also tried developing my own player, but it just will not work, flash 8 cannot play mp4 videos, and there is no flv video option in youtube livestream.
As for sorting, it got default sorting for newest first on at least logged in part.
I am currently changing youtube app to work with solarmovie website, currently i can display movies list, putlocker list of links and play video that is hosted on putlocker.

Edit:
I also tried nStreamPlayer, while it worked nicely with nasa stream hls, when i put there link to youtube hls playlist it told that connection failed.
zeninguem

Post by zeninguem »

Great Work!! The youtube app now have utility. May be possible to remove restrictions about the videos? like VEVO clips?? Thanks!!
I saw that Yotuube app on 2011+ models have good looking interface, but i think its based on flash app, it can be modificaded to run on 2010 models too? Thank you very much!!
tomt6100

Post by tomt6100 »

Yes, D version is based fully on flash, because D series got flash 10.1 and AS 3, C series got only flash 8 and AS2.1. But it is good because I can modify it, flash app would be harder to change. And I don't think that interface from D app would fit in this. Also for restrictions of VEVO clips i don't really know what you are talking about :P
zeninguem

Post by zeninguem »

Thanks for fast reply! So i cant be modified to work on C-series correct? =( I mean the restrict results in youtube app, e.g if you try to find a music from VEVO, it wont show on results.
tomt6100

Post by tomt6100 »

I just made it that it includes vevo videos, however those videos cannot be played externally so when i tried to play them it just doesnt start at all, so including vevo videos in search is pointless. And yes, C series got too old flash to play hd videos with it.
twbolek2

Post by twbolek2 »

Thank you very much for this great modification that not only makes the app work for HD videos again but also adds many useful functions.

I've tested it and found some problems:

- getting next 50 results is only possible for the default feeds (Most Viewed, Top rated, etc.) but *not* for search results. When I get the first 10 pages of results for my own search keyword and I press the key to get the next 50 results, I get an error message "Cannot connect to YouTube). I've tried it many times - it always works OK for the default categories, but never for search results....

Can you PLEASE check and fix this? It's probably the most important thing that I've been missing on this YouTube player since ever...

Also, while I am logged OFF, "TV Library" and "Visited History" in your app does not work - it only shows "Problem occured while trying to connect to YouTube". Both these lists do work for me while logged off in case of the older HD version and in case of the standard (built in) version... And when I am logged IN, your app starts with NO CONTENT (just the blue-ish background and the name of my youtube account), nothing else.... On my youtube account I have disabled the privacy restriction, as you wrote.

Can you please take a look at it, too?
Thank you very much!
tomt6100

Post by tomt6100 »

To check why your subscription list doesnt load i would need your youtube username
twbolek2

Post by twbolek2 »

Hey,

The youtube account I've tried it with was tw_bolek(at)onet.pl (meegomaemo)
It doesn't contain any own movies, any subscriptions, just a couple of favorites. And privacy is set to off. I use this account only for the TV.

But the most serious problem for me is that I can't get the next 50 results for search. I've always missed the ability to get more results than the default 20, so your ehnancement to get 50 results is a great improvement, but if I could get the next 50, and then the next 50 and so on, it would finally allow to browse all related videos... I hope it can be fixed.

Many thanks and best regards!
tomt6100

Post by tomt6100 »

You don't have anything on list of channels cause you don't have any subscribed channels, so when you are logged in you won't see anything on list
twbolek2

Post by twbolek2 »

Oh, I've just realized what was causing the problem! I was trying to log in the new way that is now required by YouTube in the web browser, i.e. by giving the email address as login, while on Samsung still the old way (i.e. username / account name) is used. I changed the email address to account name and it works like a charm! -- Thank you!!

P.S. How about the "Next 50 results" for search results? Am I the only one for who it only works for the default categories (Most Viewed etc.) but not for SEARCH RESULTS?

Return to “[C] Software”