[Tutorial] Reverse Engineering C series

Here are software that related with Samsung C series TVs, applications, programs that will run in your TV or computer...:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

tempinbox

Re: [Tutorial] Reverse Engineering C series

Post by tempinbox »

@sectroyer if you need exeDSP of tvaldeuc 0000 fw i can upload it. But here in forum there are 2 version of 0000 fw.
So there is a version of valdeuc Fw with all symbols? The exeDSP is usually 59-60mb maybe the version with all symbols is more of 60mb. I have all version of valdeuc fw on my pc i will try to compare all exeDSP but how i can understand if all symbols are present? Please post a screenshot of one fw with all symbols.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

You will know when you find it :) Just open in IDA and go to exports :) You should get similar numbers but with "all symbols" you will get much more :) Take a look at this:

Code: Select all

strings ./DANE/C/exeDSP_C | grep -c _Z
 strings ./DANE/C/exeDSP_C_0000.bin | grep -c _Z
The difference is easy to spot :) Anyway I used 0000 version that timoo posted the link to :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I have put all new findings to first post. Once again big thanks to timoo :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
timoo

Post by timoo »

sectroyer:
no problem :)
btw> do you know FW where have authuld some "symbols" ?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

timoo wrote:sectroyer:
no problem :)
btw> do you know FW where have authuld some "symbols" ?
I wasn't checking authld stuff :) I also was not aware of "autlhd symbols" missing :)
luke1337

Post by luke1337 »

Could you please re-attach C_find.py and C_exports.sh since I cannot find them anywhere??
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

luke1337 wrote:Could you please re-attach C_find.py and C_exports.sh since I cannot find them anywhere??
It's C_exports.txt ;) I attached it all to first post :) Are you finishing some patch ? :)
luke1337

Post by luke1337 »

sectroyer wrote:
luke1337 wrote:Could you please re-attach C_find.py and C_exports.sh since I cannot find them anywhere??
It's C_exports.txt ;) I attached it all to first post :) Are you finishing some patch ? :)
btw is it possible to send commands (like turning on, changing channels) to exeDSP without patching it?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

luke1337 wrote: btw is it possible to send commands (like turning on, changing channels) to exeDSP without patching it?
Yeah. It's called samyGOrc :P You can even do it remotely using perl script attached (somewhere on forum/wiki) :)
luke1337

Post by luke1337 »

@sectroyer wow, it works like a charm! Thank you for the samyGOrc, and also the C_find.py IDA script to help me disassemble and write an advanced timer feature patch to exeDSP :P
By the way, are there any special configurations needed for toolchain.conf and install.conf or it is okay to configure it by myself??

Return to “[C] Software”