Hacking TV over Hotel mode (most C series models)

General forum for C series TVs.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Hacking TV over Hotel mode (most C series models)

Post by juusso »

unplug TV from wall, unplug ethernet cable. Let TV boot without network cable. Go to Internet@TV.
Power off tv. Go to service menu, check if watchdog is off, debug is on. Check InfoLink country (change if you see here "none").
Power off TV, connect network cable...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
satlan

Post by satlan »

Thanks for quick reply. Standard widgets are available, I meant external ones that I could not deploy. I did as instructed, watchdog was on so if put it off, RS232 jack i switched to debug, I changed info link country to Poland, restarted back with net cable in, started up internet@tv, logged as develop, changed ip to 188.126.44.135 according to http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Hackin ... et@TV_only and synchronize - but it shows connecting..... and that's it. If I change IP to my local server, it immediately shows "downloaded apps" - no quantity shows next to it, allthough I have 5 widgets on a server folder (Sammy Widgets v1.1). None show up in main screen of Internet@TV either. My firmware is 3005.1 therefore it should work thay way as described in instructions. Any suggestions?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

check http://188.126.44.135/widgetlist.xml, it can not connect. It means - server is not working :)
Search other server IP, or use your own ;)

you probably saw somewhere written, you have not believe samsung will support 4 years old TV? Forget. Search for widget links, download them and serve via your local http server. We don`t collect any widgets nor working server ip`s. Google for that...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
satlan

Post by satlan »

Damn, I just realized my Sammy is that old :( I am surprised it wants to talk at all, anyways, in the meantime I was able to download something so I don't expect anything else from my old telly :) Thanks for your support and excellent forum.
p48l0

Post by p48l0 »

Hello forum,

I need your help to understand if I'm doing the right things...

I'd like to manually downgrade my 3018 fw in a UE32C6600 (I dont knwo why I upgraded, I already knew never upgrade because of an experience with a printer..long story...)

...I followed instructions on http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Hack_o ... es_models)
and I got the run.ok file in which I found 4 or 5 lines of OKs...

Then I prepared another vfat formatted pendrive but I cant connect with my tv via ssh...Konsole says port 22 connection refused, but I've try to ping tv and I can reach it.
What do you think is the problem?

Which are the correct steps after have obtained the run.ok file, assumed I've hacked the TV, in connecting to it.
Sorry I'm a bit confused...I dont know how to proceed.

My goal is to root Tv and downgrade the firmware to use the Extesions...
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

telnet access is enabled by default with the other hack methods, to have console access with this method you need to start a set of samygo extensions with ssh enabled.

if you only want to hack to be able to downgrade you could modify your run.sh file like described in wiki (replace the "echo ok >> run.ok" command by the Version.0 stuff)
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
p48l0

Post by p48l0 »

sshd is enabled, maybe is better to format fat32?
if you only want to hack to be able to downgrade you could modify your run.sh file like described in wiki (replace the "echo ok >> run.ok" command by the Version.0 stuff)
Don't I need to have an access with the terminal to do this, according to this
if you have telnet access in your tv

cd /mtd_rwarea/
then

ls -l Version.*

cat Version.1
(this can be version0 or version1)
then edit the file that you find (Version0 or version1)

echo SWU_T-VALDEUC_001000_I04_ES000DS000KS000RS000_100205 > /mtd_rwarea/Version.1
accordingly to file that you find version0 or version1
Now in menu of the tv the grayed out "Software Update" became white and you can flash every firmware you want.
tempinbox
Anyway I found this that dont need console access

#!/bin/sh
   echo 'OK' >> /dtv/usb/sdb1/run.ok
   if [ -f /mtd_rwarea/Version.0 ] ; then
   echo SWU_T-VALDEUC_001000_I04_ES000DS000KS000RS000_100205 > /mtd_rwarea/Version.0
   else
   echo SWU_T-VALDEUC_001000_I04_ES000DS000KS000RS000_100205 > /mtd_rwarea/Version.1
   fi
   sync
Sorry I cant interpret usefully your help!
p48l0

Post by p48l0 »

Is it better that I start a new post based on my tv model?
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

p48l0 wrote:
Anyway I found this that dont need console access
yes, if you put this as your run.sh it gets automatically executed and a moment after this you should be able to downgrade.
if you are using an ext3 formatted usb drive just make sure your run.sh has execute permissions set (if you already got the run.ok lines it means that run.sh has been run successfully)
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
Slluxx

Post by Slluxx »

halp me pleaseeeeee ..
the whole day im searching and trying EVERYTHING. im on windows and stuck at point 5
i downloaded debian (VM) but im stupid as f*ck with that.

if its possible, then i wanna do that on windows. if its not possible i need an easy-how-to-do-that-thing-from-0-to-end

i hope somebody can help me

Return to “[C] General”