Extended Service Menu after Enabling Hotel Mode

General forum for C series TVs.

konospl

Re: Extended Service Menu after Enabling Hotel Mode

Post by konospl »

Hi All,

I am owner of UN55C6500 (USA model).
I tried to get extended menu on my TV with firmware (ver.1020.0) with no luck.
I updated my firmware to ver.1032.0 (latest) and now I am able to get into extended menu.

I enabled PVR (set it to ON) however this feature doesn't seem to work on my TV.
Does anyone with US TV model was able to activate PVR feature?

Thanks.
konospl

Post by konospl »

marice87 wrote: Is there a "recorded programs" icon in the media content library now? or does it just show the standard items (like video, music and photo)?
I don't see new icons in the media content lib. When I press "rec" button on remote, nothing happens. When I press "pause" "stop" or "play", box with message "not available" appears on screen. I think it's disabled because of region (USA). Does anyone own TV with PVR function in USA?

Thanks.
konospl

Post by konospl »

marice87 wrote: Are you aware that PVR only works with Digital (HDTV) signal (like DVB-C and DVB-T), and have you tried multiple usb sticks?

Other than this, i cannot help you.. hope this info is useful in any way to you, and good luck!
Yeah, I am aware of that. In USA we have ATSC. I tried PVR on multiple digital HD channels from "air" antenna. I didn't try on cable channels, since I don't have cable.
I will try another USB drive, but I think i should see new icon in Media Lib even if i don't have USB stick attached to TV, right? In my case, there is not new icon in Media Lib...

Return to “[C] General”