C series firmware update released

General forum for C series TVs.

aquadran

Re: C series firmware update released

Post by aquadran »

akvaro wrote:Samsung has released an update for their new 2010 line, the file is here http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/conte ... ALDEUC.exe , it`s 96mbs and seems that isn`t xored., and i think that new line runs under VALencia(SPD92) cores, bad luck.
firmware is encrypted same as CI+ firmwares :( I guess with new encryption key. Also it's full upgrade with kernel and rootfs.
It seems B series latest firmwares has some support for that kind of encryption for next firmwares for B series. However for C series protection is even more.
It must be *.cmac *.cs *.vs new files.
major_version and minor_version files support exist in new B series exeDSP.
Latest B CI+ firmware update is almost similiar it doesn't have only file *.cs and *.cmac
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

They wanted to say that you go no where if you cant root C series TV. :)
doodlecz
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by doodlecz »

Ok, my summary:
According to the released updated, if there is no change in deciphered binary, only .vs and .enc is changed.
Also, I checked the latest B firmware, where .vs is read and checked - it is used only as signature (with some reference to major_version and minor_version).
So IMO *.vs stands for Version Signature. Also this is the reason, why it is changed even the content is not updated, because version increased.
*.cs could stand for Content Signature (?) and it could be reason, why it is the same for not changed content.

In result, IMO new files/features are used only for verification and to block possible hacks and if any, only minor changes to the encryption were made - probably only new encryption key. In fact, it is sufficient countermeasure if we won't be able to hack tv by some other way.. so, no good news..

Return to “[C] General”