UE40C6700 LED LCD

General forum for C series TVs.

bastler0815

UE40C6700 LED LCD

Post by bastler0815 »

Hi,

since last friday I?m a proud owner of a UE40C6700 LCD Tv :)

The first thing I did was updating the firmware ...
which as I saw after was a littel failure, cause with the old firmware it was possible to enable the PVR funtionality ands sadly was no way the go back to the old version :(

So I started to search arround the internet and finally found this page which gave me very interesting informations about the Samsung LCD TV?s and what could be done with some models :)

As far as I understood for now is that at the C-Series especially with CI+ functionality it seems to be quite hard to enable the Telnet service ....
Seems like Samsung has closed all option like Serial port or the trojan with the wiselink option .. which I think is a very very big pitty :(

I just tryed to play a little bit with the fimrware, but as the crc32 wasn?t correct I read here that all the crypt keys were changed ... or are the new keys already known ?
And that for the CI+ TV set?s also a signature is used to sign the Firmware updates, so also no good news at all :(

So tha last days I was thinking about how to get access to the TV to be able to start the telnet service.
Are there any info?s about where the ex link port could be located at the new C-Series?!
Could it be possible that it?s located at the "scart" port ? as I read there are no ex link connections at the TV set "the old" style like at the B-Sereies, and looking at mine just confirmed it -> no ex link port.
Did anybody take a look at the inside of the C-Sereies if there probably is the connection for serial output which just isn?t connected to the outside ?!

Another possibility I thought about was if it would be possible to play a little bit with jpeg?s or avi headers ?!
Could it probably be possible to inject code to a jpeg or avi file which runs a shell command at the TV ?!
I?m not that good in programming or even hacking in fact of coding stuff but as there are different trojans or viruses which use this way, I thought this could probably be an option to initialy enable the telnet service ?!

The third thing I was thinking about was the trojan like way with the telnet enable app, but as described here at the C-Series there is noy way to copy content from the USB stick to the TV with the wiselink option and content library.
As fas as I can see the only way to get apps is over the internet with the internet@tv application.
The Idea was to set up a fake DNS and HTTP Server with which the telnet enable app could be "delivered" to the TV.
So that the TV is thinking it is talking to the Samsung server but in realitiy it is "talking" to a server which is at the home lan where all the needed content could be hosted.

Is there any kernel source available for the UE40C6700 ?! or probably schematics ?

So far this project gave me very interesting informations about the Samsung TV?s very nice wiki and just a very good project!

I have not given up yet to think about how to find a way to be able to "play" with my new TV, it would be nice to have some more features at such a nice TV.

Regards

Bastler

PS: Is there any way to set uo the internet connection with a Proxy server inbetween ?! or is only a direct connection possible ?

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: UE40C6700 LED LCD

Post by erdem_ua »

I think samsung learns it's mistakes from us. So they will not make same mistakes again. They might use SSL connections to their server so DNS redirection probably not work because of this...
And I think no one open brandnew C series Tv except I. And I don't have any one. So nothing to do for now...

bastler0815

Post by bastler0815 »

Hi there,

at so far thanks fir reply!

That?s the answer I didn?t wanna hear :(

But as I?m courious I?m shortly before opening my C Series as I can?t accept that there won?t be any way to get access to this "stupid" kind a TV set ^^

something like this just makes me a little bit angry *LOL*

Regards

Basleer

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

You can locate ExLink port in TV. There is some early models of C series has ExLink port at behind. So I believe at least one ExLink connector available at MB. And you can use JTAG to try to read flash. But they are require some electronic knowledge.
Erdem

bastler0815

Post by bastler0815 »

Hi there,

could it be possible that the Ex-Link is situated at the Scart port ?!

As far as I know not all the pins at the Scart jack are used for TV signals, so could this probably be a way to "hide" the Ex-Link at the scart jack ?!

Regards

Bastler

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

It might be. But I don't have an C series panel. So you needed to test it by your self :)

bastler0815

Post by bastler0815 »

I?m going to take a closer look at the connector :)

Hmm I?m thinking about if Samsung would have locked them selves out from the TV so that access for service reasons only is possible by opening the TV ... would be much more work for a tecnician to solve problems. Or is Samsung only changing complete boards or modules in fact of a failure ?!

Regards

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

bastler0815 wrote:is Samsung only changing complete boards or modules in fact of a failure ?!
Yes. They will replace whole mainboard if there is any failure on them. Service technicians don't inspect components... Simply as playing lego right? And also they charge much more money from you due change of the board.
Regards

bastler0815

Post by bastler0815 »

Seems like that?s the way it goes everywhere ... luckily I have 5 Years of warranty ... so the next Time hopfully no expensive board or part changes :)

Sadly the 5 Years harm me a little bit to open the Tv ...

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I think you can open and look around. But if you definitely know where to stop :)

Return to “[C] General”