UE40C6715US vs Synology NAS

General forum for C series TVs.

djha53k

Re: UE40C6715US vs Synology NAS

Post by djha53k »

So... it does not work :?

I am running XAMPP on my PC, the "widgetlist.xml" and "Today_modified.zip" are accessible there, but when I do following:
Go to Internet@TV, log in as "develop", go to "development" in the settings and choose to synchronize with the server => the modified widget will be installed
I got an error that IP or Server is not reachable and nothing is installed :?
I have the FW version T-VALDEUC-3018.1 in my TV... I have only the T-VALDEUC-3009.2 older version...

Actually seems like I used incorrect "hacking" guide :(
Probably I should use the Hacking C-Series TV with Internet@TV only
djha53k

Post by djha53k »

yes, yes, yes it works now :o
So...
installation steps:
- install Synology Media Server ... settings left default
- added package sources: https://www.cphub.net/ and http://packages.pcloadletter.co.uk/
- install Java Manager + Java 7.0.51
- install Bubble UPnP Server + setup

TV see the NAS same way as I would insert a flash drive directly to the USB port on TV :good:
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

djha53k wrote: TV see the NAS same way as I would insert a flash drive directly to the USB port on TV
this is not correct, maybe later you'll notice that some files (mostly video avi/mpg) will not be playable, when you actually put them on a usb drive and connect it to your tv, it plays the files...

so if i understood right:
synology nas >(upnp)> TV: works
rooting TV with widget: no success (did you enter the ip address of your pc, disabled firewall on pc (or allowed xampp apache server to pass through) and made sure that xampp apache server is running?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
djha53k

Post by djha53k »

Yes, U do.
Only issues I have now is, that it takes a looooong time to start playing. From ubs movir started in about 5 secs, from nas sometime over 1minute :(

Yes, xampp+Apache running, FW off, but I found out that my current TV FW 3018 is not OK for this kind of root :( so i will have to lower FW first, actually if it is possible to do... I didnt look for it as it is working....
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

downgrade from 3018 is only possible when tv is rooted first, so you would have to pick another method
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //

~.
djha53k

Post by djha53k »

Ooch :( so I will have to stay with current solution... very very slow, but it is working...
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

maybe you have to fix something in the config of your upnp server, or you could try another server (i have a working config for mediatomb)

~.
djha53k

Post by djha53k »

Issue fixed, movies are loaded same speed as from flash disk now ;)
It seems like it was the NAS indexing which slowing it down, but once its done, all OK :idea:

Return to “[C] General”