Request Update of samygoextension pack for c series

General forum for C series TVs.

tempinbox

Request Update of samygoextension pack for c series

Post by tempinbox »

who are the mainteiners of samygoextensionpack in download area?
i need to talk with they.
c series is obsolete i know but thanks to sectroyer a lot of patches are released for c series and i think it's time to update the samygoextension pack.
for others series we have widget, webif and so on and add files,libraries patch is simple but for c series users not.
So why not update the samygoextension pack or create a widget for c series too?
as c series users every time one fix or something new is released i have to open one topic to ask support because the path are different, and sometimes i have to format mtd_rwarea and re-hack again and again.
last time i try to apply the telent/bash fix but the result was that i have to reformat and hack again.
in my tv there's mtd_rwcommon and i have a lot of space for copy extension in it so why not create a widget that copy samygoextension in it and start it from run.sh on usb after the hotelmode hack?

@arris69
how do you compile all extension pack?
if i want to update the binary, scripts, libs of exentions can i replace the binary (such as the old busybox in bin directory)?
can i remove the dir that are empty?
tempinbox

Re: Request Update of samygoextension pack for c series

Post by tempinbox »

UP
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

tempinbox wrote:UP
First learn how to apply "my" fix :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

Up
@Denny
@Arris69
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

tempinbox wrote:Up
@Denny
@Arris69
What do you think you'll achieve with this? Trying to push volunteers to work is pathetic IMHO.
If it bothers you that much start writing a script that does the job.
I have been able to appy various patches without the need of any rehacking or formatting.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
arris69

Post by arris69 »

tempinbox wrote:...

@arris69
if i want to update the binary, scripts, libs of exentions can i replace the binary (such as the old busybox in bin directory)?
made with our openembedded buildsystem (it was on the svn on sourceforge, then aquadran moved it to github. denny started also with new openembedded layer-style on github for models >d-series).

no need for "update" you can start your own system set /etc/release and then it will be become the DISTROOT (like privateer in /opt folder)...
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

arris69 wrote:
tempinbox wrote:...

@arris69
made with our openembedded buildsystem (it was on the svn on sourceforge, then aquadran moved it to github. denny started also with new openembedded layer-style on github for models >d-series).

no need for "update" you can start your own system set /etc/release and then it will be become the DISTROOT (like privateer in /opt folder)...
Thanks for answer. I start to look in the svn but everything is related to b series. Just to know have you one source and then you cross-compile it with respective toolchain b for b C for C etc? have you any make file for the C series to share so i can try to compile by myself and share here?
arris69

Post by arris69 »

tempinbox wrote:
arris69 wrote:...
Thanks for answer. I start to look in the svn but everything is related to b series. Just to know have you one source and then you cross-compile it with respective toolchain b for b C for C etc? have you any make file for the C series to share so i can try to compile by myself and share here?
the theory behind of openembedded -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded
latest "layered" version (for f and e series? can't remember) where i did some fixes for denny is this one -> https://github.com/card2000/OESamyGO
my latest commits (dunno why, but not merged by denny...) https://github.com/card2000/OESamyGO/pull/1

regards

Return to “[C] General”