Manual PVR programing tool

Ideas and dreaming about C series TV will go this forum.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Manual PVR programing tool

Post by erdem_ua »

Don't inspected C series PVR but It looks possible and relatively easy to do that. If you familiar with IDA and low level programming. :)
istvanszucs

Post by istvanszucs »

To take this a step further, can there be a way to program PVR to record remotely?
To explain: I have a c650 and I have a NAS that I record to using PVR Unencrypted using SamyGO.
Sometime when I am away I would like to record a program.
My idea is to do the following:

1) Set up the system to wake up regularly, (maybe the regular check of firmware updates could be utilized)
2) When it wakes up the system could check for a file on the nfs, with scheduled recording information and schedule recording if file is found.
3) So I would just need an app to place a file on the NFS with info on what to record.

Can this be done?
karo2204
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by karo2204 »

I am looking for this feature too. Sometimes my TV wakes up automatically in standby and I have access to the WebIF.

When I program my recordings manually, the recordings fail because the start times are not the same as on the EPG....
Samsung TV: UE46F6500
istvanszucs

Post by istvanszucs »

what I would love to VPN into my NAS and have it set the TV to record channel x from time a to b, either through IR, or using the fact that the TV wakes up at prescheduled intervals.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

the tv powers semi-on 2hrs after normal power off (time setting in advanced sm for otn-updates)

i remember someone here investigated that the tv creates some kind of flag-file for scheduled recordings, and i think start, end-time and channel were written in there
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
istvanszucs

Post by istvanszucs »

If this happens every two hours, it sounds like there could be some code injected there to read an external file, say, from a NAS and schedule the recording based on the contents. But I don't have the knowledge to do the programming. It would be a function I would be willing to pay for...

Return to “[C] Brainstorm”