Port "Smarthub" to C-Series

Ideas and dreaming about C series TV will go this forum.

Mkò

Re: Port "Smarthub" to C-Series

Post by Mkò »

sectroyer wrote:
Mk? wrote:if we can find a way too boot fw from usb maybe is possible but i think the fast way is to buy a new tv.
"Find a way"... Are you looking for one ? :) I have prepared many of C patches and even I am switching o new TV :) Don't speculate... No one is working it :)
yes of course. and when i found one i put it on samygo restricted donor area so then i can buy a new tv. :D
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Mk? wrote:
sectroyer wrote:
Mk? wrote:if we can find a way too boot fw from usb maybe is possible but i think the fast way is to buy a new tv.
"Find a way"... Are you looking for one ? :) I have prepared many of C patches and even I am switching o new TV :) Don't speculate... No one is working it :)
yes of course. and when i found one i put it on samygo restricted donor area so then i can buy a new tv. :D
Many things could be done for A/B/C... but it's time to move on :) Samsung is not working on it for years :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

and this way sam is preventing us froom getting deeper into their devices.
if they hd stopped in 2010 maybe we would have a complete independent boooting distro by now...
look at the good old dbox2, it also took many years to get a dvbapi, all the addon hardware and different distros

but every year a new seires with at least 2 different firmwares, every one getting more and more restricted, this way we are hardly done with the basic hacking and getting our extensions to run and the year is over...
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

beatfreak wrote:and this way sam is preventing us froom getting deeper into their devices.
if they hd stopped in 2010 maybe we would have a complete independent boooting distro by now...
look at the good old dbox2, it also took many years to get a dvbapi, all the addon hardware and different distros

but every year a new series with at least 2 different firmwares, every one getting more and more restricted, this way we are hardly done with the basic hacking and getting our extensions to run and the year is over...
With some version rooting will not be possible :) Then maybe people will take a look at "old" devices but it definitely won't be C :) Maybe E/F... :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

@sectroyer
guess you do not like C-series.. :P
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

greenhorn wrote:@sectroyer
guess you do not like C-series.. :P
Yeah and that's why I have created so many patches for it...
No I am just switching to new TV :) Stop complaining :P
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

does it mean you do not like Samsung?! :D
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

greenhorn wrote:does it mean you do not like Samsung?! :D
It's not the matter of like/dislike... Just after some time it is not rational to expect any big changes to old device.... Five year old TVs are old... :)
Mkò

Post by Mkò »

sectroyer wrote:
It's not the matter of like/dislike... Just after some time it is not rational to expect any big changes to old device.... Five year old TVs are old... :)
i already have a 28" old crt tv and works very well it is 15 years old.
So now we have to change tv every year like for mobile phones?
if the samsung don't work on it is because they have to sell other models... it sell this tv wth innovation of yahoo widget and then with a silent fw update they disable it without asking nothing to the end user just for selling new models the strategy of sam is simple a lot of model a lot of price only small difference in hw or sw.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Mk? wrote:
sectroyer wrote:
i already have a 28" old crt tv and works very well it is 15 years old.
So now we have to change tv every year like for mobile phones?
if the samsung don't work on it is because they have to sell other models... it sell this tv with innovation of yahoo widget and then with a silent fw update they disable it without asking nothing to the end user just for selling new models the strategy of sam is simple a lot of model a lot of price only small difference in hw or sw.
It's not that you should stop using your TV. You should just stop expecting us to support it "forever"... I am/was C user but I am slowly moving (as well as other developers) to newer TVs... There will be no new developers since the TV is no longer available :)

Return to “[C] Brainstorm”