Ambilight / Atmolight

Ideas and dreaming about C series TV will go this forum.

Feiglingsvernichter

Re: Ambilight / Atmolight

Post by Feiglingsvernichter »

Hello,

I am also looking for an ambilight for my Samy Ue7700C. By scanning the www I found so much solutions for controlling LED-stripes. I think many of you found that too.

All in all there are tow ways.

1. Controlling the LEDs by a computer (pc, arduino, dreambox, vu+ ore something else) which also give the video signal to TV.

2. Controlling the LEDs by a computer (pc, arduino or something else) which grab the video signal.
the longest compilation is therefor

HDMI source --> HDMI Splitter --> HDMI to composite Converter-->composite usb videograbber-->computer-->LED-controller

For both you need a external video source, but I'm using the internal tuner or streaming videos by DLNA.

My intention was to use the analog video out of the TV. That works very good, if you are looking TV content not protected by HD+.
If you switch to a protected HD+ channel, sometimes there is a signal on the video out for a few seconds too. So I guess it's not coded but rather switched off.
I don't know how, but may be anyone here can modify the FW that the analog video out does not switch off?

Than you can use a simple composite usb video grabber with, for example, a Raspberry Pi to control the LEDs.
Maybe someone can give some Ideas how to get DLNA streamed and HD+ contend out of the video out?

Otherwise I will follow this thread further and hope some one will find a solution to get the picture information by the usb port.
Darmagas

Post by Darmagas »

I have the same setup. And im even thinking of buying the Blueray with built in smarthub from Samsung just to be able to use a hdmi splitter and hdmi --> Composite.

I started the project recently and i got it all working. But whan i switched to the plex app to start streaming it just went dead... If i knew i wuld never have built it.
kartu

Post by kartu »

Isn't there /dev/mem or any other access to physical memory?

If it would be possible to dump mem from time to time, one could display simple image (say red box), dump mem, and then simply find expected pattern in data, revealing framebuffer address (I assume it always has the same address).

Having to use external devices, when TV already has Linux running on an ARM CPU would be a pity.
Darmagas

Post by Darmagas »

Yea that wuld be awsome. And it wuld save me tons of cash.
Unfortunally i cant program in linux. Im trying to learn but my programming skills are very limited.
I just wish there was a way. And a guide to make it work =)
micham

Post by micham »

are there any news to this? i have the h-series and would like set up some kind of ambilight. with external sources that should be possible (hdmi splitter ....). but i dont have any external sources any more. i eliminated my external devices (apple tv, receiver, ...) and use just the integrated tuner and apps (plex, amazaon instant video, etc.). do i have a chance to grab the displayed content of the lcd (shouldnt matter if i watch tv or use some app). thats my showstopper :( if i could get the signal, all the other things are managable.

currently im thinking about the philiips hue system, which i could connect to the tv. but all depends on the possibility to grab the signal :(
moras86
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by moras86 »

There took some time, but I got Lighpack for my Samsung. This is polish clone from Lightpack.pl.
Still I need PC for send signal to Lightpack Control Device, but it's look great.
Here is my text about it - http://mods-kodi.pl/articles.php?article_id=27

Image Image

I plan to make it work with Raspberry Pi oraz Android-Box.

Maybe it's possible to compile boblightd service from XBMC to our Samsung?
Source code here - https://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/boblightd
Image . Image
TV LCD: Samsung LE40B651T3W (CI) | Internet@TV | fw: 2005 (patched: SamyGO v0.24 + GMT2, ArFIX2, ADFIX) | matrix: SQ04
BluRay: Samsung BD-D5300-ZF | SamsungApps | fw: 1013
Android-Box: Zidoo X8 | Realtek RTD1295 64bit (QuadCore), Mali-T820 GPU, 2 GB RAM, HDMI IN record, Android 6.0 | ZDMC 17.1
my projects: Remote LAN Control - Desktop app (v0.8) | Signal checker for DVB-T (v0.3)

Return to “[C] Brainstorm”