Hacked NETFLIX applet

Ideas and dreaming about C series TV will go this forum.

Ilanio
SamyGO Project Donor

Hacked NETFLIX applet

Post by Ilanio »

Hello,

I'm from Brazil and I have a UN46C8000 television.

I want to run NETFLIX app in my television, but here in Brazil this app is not available for C series. It is available for D series only.

There's no regional restriction for NETFLIX in Brazil (because it is available for Samsung D series)

When I change Internet@TV to USA (>> 2 8 9 << keys) the applet NETFLIX is downloaded, but it doesn't run since the "Info Link Country" register of TV has no US or CANADA options.

The firmware of TV doesn't have US or CANADA as options in Info Link Country, since its firmware has digital TV system named ISDB_T adopted in Japan, South America and Philipines. So, only countries of South America and Philipines appears as options.

Someone has a hacked NETFLIX applet that runs without verify Info Link Country register of TV? Someone can do it?

It will help users from all countries that doesn't have US and Canada in Info Link Country option.

Thanks a lot.

Ilanio
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Hacked NETFLIX applet

Post by juusso »

i think you need US IP address to use netflix. You can use vpn services for this goal. infolink country does not matter.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Hacked NETFLIX applet

Post by beatfreak »

juuso, do you know anything about vpn (pptp) services that could be used directly on the TVs machine?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.

Return to “[C] Brainstorm”