UE32C6500 Red Lines

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

seecrits

UE32C6500 Red Lines

Post by seecrits »

Hi Guys!

I seem to be having a problem with red lines on my UE32C6500. I searched online and found out that if I press on the board its self the red lines go away. I opened the TV and tweaked the motherboard and the red lines went away for 2 weeks. They still keep coming back so I'm planning to replace the board it's self but I cant seem to find one: CODE: BN41-01444A (2010.01.27 MP1.0) .

I am having a hard time finding a board that matches the one above. Can anyone help me out with pointing me to a website or maybe another motherboard that is compatible with my TV ?

any help anyone can provide me is very much appreciated! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE32C6500 Red Lines

Post by zoelechat »

Surely there: http://www.calpedel.it/samlst.htm
Beware that BN41-xxxx is mainboard design only, exact model is BN94-number (can't see enough on your screenshot, but should be on barcode sticker).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
seecrits

Post by seecrits »

Hi, thanks for your reply!

the full bar-code is : BN94-03405G. I looked up the website you sent with the bar code and it looks like its 236 Euros. If it costs that much I might end up buying a new TV all together for a little bit more.

Thanks a lot for your help :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

seecrits wrote:like its 236 Euros.
Nah, I given link because it references much models/mainboards and possible compatibilities, not for the prices (I think it's old catalog, untouched for a long time).
However it's possible that spare C mainboards become hard to find, and what is rare is generally expensive :)
Better place to look at remains ebay...
seecrits

Post by seecrits »

aha! understood :) I'll have a look around ebay as well then. But I agree, the TV is considered old in electronic terms so it will be very hard to find one, IF i find one :? . Cheers!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

have you tried baking it? aka oven-reflow
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
seecrits

Post by seecrits »

apologies for the late reply as I was away for a couple of days. No I haven't tried that at all, is it something worth doing/trying ?
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

seecrits wrote:is it something worth doing/trying ?
lets put it this way:
If you don't try it you'll buy a new mainboard to fix it or buy another tv
If you try it and nothing happens you'll buy a new mainboard to fix it or buy another tv
If you try it and destroy your mainboard completely you'll buy a new mainboard to fix it or buy another tv
If you try it and it works, you have a working TV again and only spent some kWh for your heated oven
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
seecrits

Post by seecrits »

when you put it that way :D I'll be looking up how to do this. thanks again for your suggestion!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Need recipe and cooking time :mrgreen:

Return to “[C] Hardware”