UE40C6800 -> Board BN41-01444B -> Changed "Dnie"-BGA, nothing working anymore

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

Torbes

UE40C6800 -> Board BN41-01444B -> Changed "Dnie"-BGA, nothing working anymore

Post by Torbes »

Hello Forum,

this is my first post, so I hope doing it all correctly and you understand my problem.

I have a Samsung UE40C6800 TV-Set, which has the known Problem with the "Dnie"-BGA (Mstar-BGA) with broken/interrupted solderballs.

Board-Type: BN41-01444B.

The Picture was corrupted, but the TV was working so far.

As i got the opportunity to change a bga with a professional bga-station, i ordered a new bga from china, and replaced the old one with that fresh...

Type and writings of that bga are exactly the same... Soldering on the bga-station is completely automatic, so the replacement should be perfect.

But my problem is:

The tv is just power cycling.... No Picture, no light, no sound... Just booting, turning off, booting again...

So my question: is it possible, that this BGA must be preprogrammed or flashed before using?

How, when needed, can this be done? Are there Jtag-Pins etc?

Sorry, but i am a very beginner on these tv-Sets...

Thank you for spending your time and trying to help me :-)

Cheers, Tob!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: UE40C6800 -> Board BN41-01444B -> Changed "Dnie"-BGA, nothing working anymore

Post by beatfreak »

swapping bga chips is still a lot of thermal stress for the whole board, if only the solderballs were broken a reflow / resolder of the old chip might be the better option,

get a uart connector and grab a bootlog from exlink port (pin 11 in vga connector iirc)
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.

Return to “[C] Hardware”