MainBoard for LE46C650

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: MainBoard for LE46C650

Post by juusso »

As per post:
vinayarora wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:28 am I have done some further troubleshooting and figured out that the main board is working fine and only back light inverter is not working.
I tried the flashlight test and I can see the menus on the TV in dark. Also the sound is coming fine.

<...>
Use something like this:
SpoilerShow
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Maddmaxx

Post by Maddmaxx »

Thank you,
It´s strange, because the TV was working perfectly, the only problem was the main board HDMI port loose.
I took out the board, at the same time I was using a 36V power adaptator, doing other stuffs, and by mistake I "laid" the 36V cable wire on to the board (I tough :Sh$%"#, I damaged the board. Yes..Indeed, I short circuited the board).
So, the board was not connected to anything.
If the board is not compatible, is possible to cause this?
On the other hand, is possible too that the power board is damaged? Doesen´t give energy to the screen?

Regarding to the image you were trying to show me, this is what I see: http://imgur.com/a/j4Wrs
Can you try to put the link?

Once again thank you for this help you are giving me
Maddmaxx

Post by Maddmaxx »

I just found a Brazilian blog, that says something like this:
  • Problem: The Tv turns ON, but the screen is black.

• Suggestion: Flash the firmware.

Is this possible? How can I do this? I have updated already the firmware some yers ago, but always via USB mode, with a working TV. Is possible to flash the board without the screen?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Impossible if tv does not work.
Unless you are skilled to desolder bga chip and flash the entire oneNand. But here you get alsmost no support, no experienced people who could help. I personally do not think firmware flashing corrects your issue. Short circuit you laid to your board might have dammaged some electronic components and i believe thats the reason why tv does not work anymore.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

Maddmaxx

Post by Maddmaxx »

Yes, but the short circuit was only in the board, and I´ve changed the board by another, the one I´m using now.
But now I´m thinking that tried the TV with a short circuited board could damaged other thing (but I don´t remember if i did it.
I don´t know what can I do now.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Go to local samsung service and ask for repair. They can test powerboard and or other elements by swaping from working tv.

Maddmaxx

Post by Maddmaxx »

This is what I will do.
Is the best option. Otherwise I can have the problem of smashing the rest of the TV.
This causes me some serious nervous.
THANK YOU
Maddmaxx

Post by Maddmaxx »

Today I did the test of the spotlight.
In a dark room, I didn't see any ligth coming from the TV, but when I put the ligth in the screen I was able to see the menu (is not pluged to any device or to a antena).
What can it be the problem?
Thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If you see menu, then you can put tv into stand by. Then enter info menu mute power and get into the service menu.
Do factory reset and check what will happen.

Maddmaxx

Post by Maddmaxx »

I was watching some youtube videos about how to test the PSU board, and all the values in wrote in the board are ok.
However, there is 1 wire that is making me confuse.
This wire connect the PSU to the inverter, in to a socket that says: High voltage.
I did some measurements to this power exit and I had no results at all, the value is 0.
I think this socket will power the inverter right?
The wire is this one marked on this image:
upload pic

Return to “[C] Hardware”