Dongle vs hardwire PN50C8000

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

agtr

Re: Dongle vs hardwire PN50C8000

Post by agtr »

hi Roj,
I have a ue55c8790 led tv and use a samsung alternative (lg nortel uapn 300) dongle for internet@tv and streaming. When I use wired connection, I think the download speed increases about 10-20 % compared to wireless one, but I still use the wireless dongle since it is more convenient to use
In my opinion (which may not be true), the limiting factor during the streaming is the type of the protocol that dongle and modem uses. The user manual of my TV says "Samsung?s Wireless LAN adapter supports the IEEE 802.11A/B/G and N communication protocols. Samsung recommends using IEEE 802.11N. When you play the video over a IEEE 802.11B/G connection, the video may not play smoothly". So, the modem must also support the N protocol, if you want to stream smoothly
My current modem, which is a cheap b/g type, does not stream high bitrate 1080p movies over the network, cos the modem is the bottleneck. So, I only stream upt 720p movies, or xvid type, moderate size, low bitrate movies not to be bothered by "buffering". I believe, the bitrate limit is around 5-6 mps max in my modem configuration
I hope, my experince gives you some ideas about your question. But experts on the forum may give you more satisfactory and technical answers
Regards

Return to “[C] Hardware”