Help for exlink serial connection

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

kaiser

Re: Help for exlink serial connection

Post by kaiser »

katers2 wrote:Great! Finally it worked and my USB is online again! :-) Thanks a lot juuso!

I don't know how I finally got access. Everything was connected correctly.
I'm wondering what solved your problem. I'm in same sittuation now. Using PL2303 adapter from Ebay and standard VGA cable.
Debuging is enabled in Hotel menu and watchdog is off.
Here are my Putty settings:
Tried connetcting pins this way:
Also this way:
But in both cases wasn't getting any output in terminal. Tried doing same thing in Ubuntu terminal with same result. Crossing pins gives output. Swapping Tx and Rx gives no result.
I'm out of ideas. Where's my mistake?
LE40C650
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

I had the same issue, so that's why I bought this nokia DKU-5 cable and made exlink cable. It worked for me with windows XP and driver from the cd it came (not the latest driver, latest didn't work for me).
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

Also check if in the device manager you have the same values for the COM port - Speed 115200, 8N1, no flow control.
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
kaiser

Post by kaiser »

greenhorn wrote:I had the same issue, so that's why I bought this nokia DKU-5 cable and made exlink cable. It worked for me with windows XP and driver from the cd it came (not the latest driver, latest didn't work for me).
Well, I already got adapter and it works, so I have to sort it out somehow. Buying another cable is not an option.
greenhorn wrote:Also check if in the device manager you have the same values for the COM port - Speed 115200, 8N1, no flow control.
To me settings in Device manager look right:
LE40C650
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

have you got proper connection? I mean your pins have good contacts to vga port?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
kaiser

Post by kaiser »

juuso wrote:have you got proper connection? I mean your pins have good contacts to vga port?
I'm almost sure I got output in terminal yesterday when crossing pins on the other end of VGA cable. Today though I get no output doing same thing.
It looks like I won't be able to avoid cable cutting and soldering after all :cry:
LE40C650
kaiser

Post by kaiser »

By the way, is there a better way to check if ttl-usb adapter is good? I want to be 100% sure before I buy soldering iron, cable/connector and other stuff.
I just realised that I get output in terminal just by touching RXD pin and not from crossing it with other two pins (GND and TXD). It's supposed to be like that or my adapter is bad?
LE40C650
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

on my ttl adapter I have red and green led which flashes when connection is established.
kaiser

Post by kaiser »

greenhorn wrote:on my ttl adapter I have red and green led which flashes when connection is established.
When I connect everything LEDs on my adapter are both lit but do not flash, but I guess that's because connection with TV isn't established.
By the way, which pins on VGA cable you use? The ones that are marked in wiki picture, or the ones from previous page of this thread?
LE40C650

Return to “[C] Hardware”