Ambilight Project, Feasibility Feedback

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

werkkrew

Ambilight Project, Feasibility Feedback

Post by werkkrew »

I have an Ambilight clone that I built, like many others, and like everyone else my ambient lighting can only be controlled by either a video playing from something like Kodi or Plex, or at best I could split a 1080p HDMI 1.4 signal and downscale it to composite and capture it that way. I figure in the coming months proper 4k/60 splitters and scalers might be available, but I'd rather not bank on that.

I am looking for some way to future proof my setup and have my ambilight work under any circumstances, this means that whatever capture/pass-through method I use cannot break HDCP 2.2/HDMI 2.0a.

I should also be clear that I am not looking for a way to pirate/capture full 4k content, I just need some low definition color data from the edges of the frame. I have had some ideas which range from trying to split a 4k/60 signal in the same manner and down convert it to 480p, to hacking into a 3500U evolution kit. I know the Tizen SDK, outside of having root, would not support an app that could perform this function since apps cannot run in the background.

My current TV is a 2015 JS9000 with the SEK-3500U kit.

I am basically looking for some smart embedded video veterans to help point me in the right direction.

I know the Tizen SDK, outside of having root, would not support an app that could perform this function since apps cannot run in the background.

At this point I feel like I have three realistic options:

- Build some sort of SIL9777 based FPGA device to extract some signal info without breaking the HDCP 2.2 chain.
- Getting root on my Smart TV and running some software directly on the display driver.
- Perhaps get another SEK-3500U and see if theres a way to get any raw video data from the OneConnect output port.

If anyone can help me figure out what might be a realistic approach, I'd be very greatful.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Ambilight Project, Feasibility Feedback

Post by juusso »

Any updates? Some article, worth to look at: http://mysku.ru/blog/aliexpress/48916.html
If you can`t read original, use google translate.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “General”