recently I rooted my H6270 and enabled all stuff I need (including hdmiPassthrough that is needed if are interested in the threads topic). Finally i tried to get the fakeEdid app running without any success. Then I started the approach to hack the edid information on windows side (telling windows that the samsung is capable of playing AC3/DTS). Because I am really scared to change all that edid stuff manually and do something wrong, I luckily found this tool that I want to share with you!
Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
With that tool I just did the following steps and it worked:
- Selected my samsung monitor
- Imported the attached "hdmi-bitstream.dat"
- Choose "Custom extension block" in the dropdown
- Pressed Edit for the dropdown selection
- Pressed "Add" for detailed resolution
- Pressed "ok" to add the current resolution (1080p)
- Pressed "Ok" to close the Custom extension block popup
- Pressed "Save"
- Run restart.exe