HG55ED890W Hospitality TV - can it be made 'normal'?

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

motormusic1

HG55ED890W Hospitality TV - can it be made 'normal'?

Post by motormusic1 »

Hi, new to SamyGo i've recently purchased a Samsung Curved TV (model as above) and despite talking to Samsung UK am struggling to make it 'normal'. It's a hospitality Smart TV with the Smart Remote and everything. However, i have to go into the blue service menu (?) by selecting 'Info, Menu & mute then powering up just to be able to add widgets. Samsung tell me that it can never be like a consumer edition TV as it's restricted and i just feel like i'm missing out on what is effectively quite a capable TV. Does anyone know this model? I'd have hoped that it's technically a similar model to one of their consumer sets with different firmware... if so i wonder if it can be reflashed?
I've attached a pic of the engineers menu main screen, unsure whether it's of any interest or use but i'm a little blind at the moment.
thanks, and hi to everyone!
IMG_5261.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General”