Samsung Smart Signage series?

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

pyhispahis

Samsung Smart Signage series?

Post by pyhispahis »

Hello, new and inexperienced user here!

I recently got a db10d unit with aluminum samsung enclosure for free. A cool thing to have on my nightstand.
I've been watching netflix on it by mirroring the screen from my android phone.
Tried netflix through the built in web browser, but it stops recognizing the keyboard once the page is loaded. I can only type E's and Z's which doesn't get me very far.
Samsung obviously didn't want anyone to use this device as anything but a sign.

So that's why I'm now here and wondering if there might be a solution for making it a bit smarter?
I couldn't find any documentation anywhere, but figured I should ask anyway, if someone smarter than me happen to have an idea.. before I brick it.
The installed software version is T-GFSLD1DWWC-1008.7
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samsung Smart Signage series?

Post by juusso »

Hi here,

as far i know you`re first with such device to this forum. Congratulations :)
But ... this also means no one knows this device better than you... I personally was not aware of such tool ever exists :oops:
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
pyhispahis

Re: Samsung Smart Signage series?

Post by pyhispahis »

juusso wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:25 pm Hi here,

as far i know you`re first with such device to this forum. Congratulations :)
But ... this also means no one knows this device better than you... I personally was not aware of such tool ever exists :oops:
Oh well.. thanks I guess :D
Maybe I'll just have to dig into it on my own then :roll:
Samsung has a whole line of smart sign devices actually. That's the screens you'll see in shop windows, airports, mc donalds etc. :) This one was from an electronics store.
They're very much like TV's, some even look exactly the same, but there is no receiver in them.
That's why I thought someone here might have some more knowledge than me :)

Return to “General”