690U commercial TV (Tizen) direct HDMI switching

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

boma23

690U commercial TV (Tizen) direct HDMI switching

Post by boma23 »

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone here can help with the following issue. Samsung and Logitech can't seem to work this out between them so far, although Logitech are trying hard:

"We are using Logitech Harmony Elite Pro integrated remote control units (now marketed for AV installers)

Our issue resolves around Harmony controlling HDMI (or any other) source switching on the TVs. Because there is now no direct source selection button (e.g. HDMI1, HDMI 2, HDMI3) on the Samsung remotes, and also the new source list on the source selection screen moves around dependent on history, or skips sources if they are not "live", there is now no way to program a sequence of button presses on the Harmony Remote to achieve a direct source selection.

If you could confirm an IR command code that the Logitech could use, this would be perfect, although may still need support on Logitech on how to program their remote, given the physical button doesn't exist on the Samsung IR controller anymore. Logitech would prefer any codes to be provided in Pronto Hex format which is what they use."

Now given that the commercial models are closely related to the previous generations consumer models, I'm assuming these HDMI Direct Switching codes must exist for consumer models. Samsung have provided me with MDC Protocol hex codes, which Logitech have tried to convert to Pronto Hex, but these haven't worked yet.

The Model code for the unit we'r trying to get working initially is:
HG50NF690UFXA

same codes should work for all other TV sizes in the series, as inputs and service menus are identical:
HG43NF690UFXA
HG55NF690UFXA
HG65NF690UFXA
HG75NF690UFXA

if no-one has experience with the Commercial TVs, even providing the correct Pronto Hex codes for the equivalent 2016/2017/2018 consumer models might well work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dom

Return to “General”