[DYI] Remote Control emulator: send custom IR codes

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

pdca

[DYI] Remote Control emulator: send custom IR codes

Post by pdca »

I finally succeeded in unlocking the local area of my UE46EH5000 and set the correct one (before it was EU France, now set to EU Italy). The channels are now correctly listed and TV is 100% Italian one :)
The procedure I used is to send FACTORY and 3SPEED (while in SM) by using dual Led IR transmitter on Stereo jack + FACTORY and 3SPEED in wave format + my Nokia N8.
Procedure for using smartphone as transmitter is based on this http://jumpjack.wordpress.com/2008/05/2 ... or-just-1/
Attached you can find some pictures of my transmitter and the two waves for FACTORY and 3SPEED.
Immagine1red.jpg
Immagine2red.jpg
Immagine3.jpg
IMPORTANT NOTE--> Not all the smartphones work (I tested few) and I guess it is due to the fact that the stereo output should be little bit amplified. ADDITIONALLY do not forget to put the volume at maximum level before to play the waves

BIG THANKS to all of you who helped and supported me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kiplico

Re: Remote Control emulator: send custom IR codes

Post by kiplico »

@pdca
You are great!!!
pdca

Post by pdca »

kiplico wrote:@pdca
You are great!!!
;)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Really interesting approach. I guess we need to have the wav database of existing RC key codes, this might save some lives in future.
Or maybe one wav for entering to service menu? (info-menu-mute-power and mute-1-8-2-power), what do you think?

Also the right place of this howto is SamyGO wiki. Thank you very much!
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
pdca

Post by pdca »

juuso wrote:Really interesting approach. I guess we need to have the wav database of existing RC key codes, this might save some lives in future.
Or maybe one wav for entering to service menu? (info-menu-mute-power and mute-1-8-2-power), what do you think?

Also the right place of this howto is SamyGO wiki. Thank you very much!
By using wave process everything is possible because the RC key codes can be simply acquired and then translated in stereo channels (even if some automatic tool is available in internet, it didn?t work for me, so I created wave manually...not difficult..just some patience!)
For example I also created wave for Program UP and PowerON/OFF.
Concerning SM key sequence, this is also quite easy because once the waves for the single keys are created, they can be added in series into the same wave and then just played!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Info was moved to the wiki. Thanks goes to pdca :)

All requests or ready .wav files for IR key codes please post here.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

pdca

Post by pdca »

Once again, not all the greyed out menu were unlocked at least by sending FACTORY + 3SPEED as I did. For example the Expert menu didn't unlock (maybe different combination of key is needed... not expert on this).
The method led transmitter + wave didn't work on GALAXY NOTE (Android) with stock firmware (original one) and on Nokia E52. It worked on Nokia n8 (stock firmware) and on GALAXY NOTE (Android) with custom firmware...I also tested with sound card of my PC desktop and it worked as well..
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Just tested on mine UE40D6750. Using laptop all keys are ok, i was able to unlock extended service menu, power off/on and ch up.
But HTC desire HD runing CN7 failed to send keys.

I think we can mark this as usable for all series...

p.s for those who think making such remote is complicated. This is how it looks like:
Samsung_remote.jpg
Yes, isolation is missing, but this took about 2-3 minutes to finish this remote control... :D

btw, here are some cheap IR leds on dealextreme, maybe it is worth to try?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/940-3mm-ir ... ack-124841
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

host505

Post by host505 »

Yea, it worked for me also (PS43E450 plasma TV), but not so happy with the result as the available models in the "Model" section are not the ones like last years (P550, D7000) which had the "cinema smooth" feature, it goes up to PE530 which also does not have this feature. There were also some UExxxx and HAxxx models available but I didn't risc selecting one of those. (I'm not sure in which section of the forum this info should be, admins please advise)
I tried with a ZTE blade - didn't work, so I tried with my laptop which worked.
So, once again Bravo, very inteligent approach.
pdca

Post by pdca »

GREAT GUYS.... nice to see it worked for you as well... Indeed to have smartphone working it is slightly difficult... but possibile.(on last smartphone generation special attention is given to sound quality... so % of success should increase.. ) .. whereas on PC it's ok...

Return to “General”