DTSplay Contest - SamyGO Summer of Code :)

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

tgrassi

Re: Preparing to DTSplay Contest - SamyGO Summer of Code :)

Post by tgrassi »

I'll be happy to give a donation if the patch works on a Latam UN40B7000!
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

It's little bit different. We don't sell DTS hack for x platform, we only collect donations to prepare prize for person that allows DTS playback.
So, donations for DTS contest became meaningless after patch has been working on a platform. It's also relatively easy to port it between the TV platforms.

So pay for your hopes, not for the actual product. We don't offer anything for your donations. If you don't count that we already offering much of them for FREE. So It's donation, not fee/price of any thing...
I thought that ~$5000 prize will accelerate DTS hacking.(Not too much money if you think ~70000 users visit here each month.)

For me, don't watch cinema on my TV (really). So don't needed DTS patch. But It's most wanted thing from users. So I wanted to have it. And this is the way that comes my mind. If I have some knowledge / experience on it, I will prepare a hack for just such amount of money at least... ;)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

DoodleCz make some improvement. But he is not succeeded yet. He break his research and will continue to later according to him...
I don't know if anyone make such progress on locally. If you make it, prize is yours :)
Our offer will be true for a year (or two). So if you or anyone wanted to hack firmware, you welcome. Currently $120 at paypal balance (paypal fee will droped) and transferred to user who deploy this hack first .
Yes it's too small for the job but might be increase in time... ;)

Return to “General”