Panasonic forum

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

hercules1704

Panasonic forum

Post by hercules1704 »

Are there any similar forums for Panasonic TV's?
Thanks in advance. :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Panasonic forum

Post by juusso »

This is for samsungs only.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
hercules1704

Post by hercules1704 »

Thanks, that's why i asked if anyone was aware of a Panasonic forum for similar things like SamyGo.
I was hoping that there might have been or someone might know of a web site where you can do similar things as can be done on SamyGo.
btsimonh

Post by btsimonh »

hercules: I am also interested in panasonic, specifically DMR-HW220 recorder.
general question: Is there anyone here interested or have experience of getting root on panasonic? or on decrypting the firmware?
I'd really like to be able to access my 1TB panny recorder recordings from my spangly (small) 22" samygo enabled samsung, but the panasonic is so bad that it's pseudo-dlna can't be seen by many players (especially not the samy).

I may look at writing a simple but tuned dlna transfer agent to run on the Samy to retrieve the recordings over lan for subsequent viewing, as i tried all forms of dlna proxies & aggregation servers; and when i eventually found some scheme that worked, i found that you can't seek on dlna playback :(.
But before I write for the samy, i need a much better understanding of it & samygo to establish what's easy and what's not.
br, simon
viera

Post by viera »

hercules1704 wrote:. . . of a web site where you can do similar things as can be done on SamyGo.
Probably we should create an Panasonic usergroup.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

@patrickviera
How about calling it "PanyGO"? :D
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
viera

Post by viera »

zoelechat wrote:PanyGO
Need at least 2 other users to create the group.
viera

Post by viera »

viera wrote: Need at least 2 other users to create the group.
Probably no other is interested on Panasonic :-(
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Possible, especially on Samsung forum :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
TheDrive

Post by TheDrive »

Why not to just start discussion. There are already 3 ppl auound interested. :)
There is no visible sites on hacking Panasonic FW. I suspect that's because there is simply no any Panasonic hacking done in the world at all.

Pana-bastards use free GNU/GPL open-source Linux since 2004 and publish just a small useless pieces they call 'open-source'.
Open-source license means I could be able to compile a whole product and use it, then mod it if I want to mod and use it again. All the modded sources should be published as GNU/GPL open sources.
Furthermore, license reuires to publish all the sources when an open sourced GNU/GPL code is the main part of the software.
Sure the whole linux is the main part of the TV FW which onsists of the Linux with a small mods and additions.

If 'all the sources' are open, why do Panasonic devs strongly encrypt their FW updates, so called SDDL.SEC?
These SD updates are freely available for DL only to the US/CA customers. European/Asian customers forced to pay hundreds of bucks just to perform this simpliest operation like a copying one file to the SD card and inserting that card to the TV set. That policy is impudently forced even though some sets have a FW/HW flaws preventing normal operation after a few years of use (CCFL degradation). It's a simply a fraud!

I can't find any publications on the some kind successfull experience in the Panasonic FW update unpacking for 10+years. So I realize, we should at 1st dump some FW from the working TV set and explore/reverse it just to take into the encrypting techs.

Return to “General”