NEW Channel Editor SamyCHAN

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: NEW Channel Editor SamyCHAN

Post by tendi »

micham wrote:Hey Tendi!
i dont see duplicates in the terrestrial digital list. which duplicates do you mean?
Many local channels have different names but actually are the same.
micham wrote:basically there is no option for removing channels or finding duplicates at the moment. For the future i want to implement a delete option (deletion itself is no problem. but you have to fillup the deleted channels with empty bytes).
I wish you success with this task ;)
micham wrote:could you switch off and on your tv? i got a similar behavoir on my tv. but after restarting the tv it worked properly.
Yeah, I did it but the behaviour remains the same. The channel list is messed up. Many of the channels have been moved and replaced by other ones (e.g. ch50 in place of ch49).
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
micham

Post by micham »

tendi wrote: Many local channels have different names but actually are the same.
urhm. so a duplicate-finder needs to find duplicates by the channel-data itself (vpid, ....)? sounds advanced.
tendi wrote: Yeah, I did it but the behaviour remains the same. The channel list is messed up. Many of the channels have been moved and replaced by other ones (e.g. ch50 in place of ch49).
grml. does this also happen if you load your original SCM? Or just with the modified scm? Could you save load your modified scm with SamyCHAN? Is the order also messed up or is it okay?
geertvd

Post by geertvd »

Hey micham,

I was looking for this for a while (H-series). Seems to be working to change the channel numbers.
The only thing that is not working is saving the file. When I click on the "Save (All)" button (red one),
the only thing that happens is a screen "Please wait ..." and it stays on. I'm a PC user and I tried it
with IE, Chrome and Firefox. It doesn't do anything in those 3 browsers.
Do you have any suggestion what I'm doing wrong?

Thanx,

geert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

I also tried this editor because it looks nice and seems easy to use. My main goal is to delete some channels I don't want, but it seems deletion is not yet implemented. Any plans to further develop it in the near future?
Thanks!
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
micham

Post by micham »

Hello folks,

i got news for you: the last weeks i worked on samychan and implemented the j-series. so you can now edit the channels of your brand new j-series-tv :)

if you have any suggestions or problems, simply write it in here and i will check it.

cheers
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

micham wrote:Hello folks,

i got news for you: the last weeks i worked on samychan and implemented the j-series. so you can now edit the channels of your brand new j-series-tv :)

if you have any suggestions or problems, simply write it in here and i will check it.

cheers
Good work :D Thanks :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

i dont know if its still an issue with the post E series but what i dont like is if i do a channel scan the found channels are not put back in the favlist they were before / new channles always stored without favlist.
Would be nice to have a favlist template / SID to FLnr mapping that one only needs to apply to a newly created channel list.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
honcito
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by honcito »

Can somebody share its channel list for H series?

I don't have antenna connected to my TV.. so appreciate your help.

regards.
micham

Post by micham »

beatfreak wrote:i dont know if its still an issue with the post E series but what i dont like is if i do a channel scan the found channels are not put back in the favlist they were before / new channles always stored without favlist.
Would be nice to have a favlist template / SID to FLnr mapping that one only needs to apply to a newly created channel list.
hey! thank you for your input. this is still an issue im working on. my idea is to apply the orders and favorites of an existing channel list.
Jensemann

Post by Jensemann »

Dear micham,

I am using the ES8090. I have downloaded the scm list and imported it to samyCHAN. It is possible to edit the channel list, but it ist just not working to save the edited list. After saving it still shows the message, that there unsaved channels. After downloading the scm file, there is still the original list with no changes. Where is my mistake?
Thanx for dealing with my problem.

Regards

Jensemann

Return to “General”