Extended power cable ?

For second hand offers, trade of old/junk parts of your Samsung TV...

Fr3d

Extended power cable ?

Post by Fr3d »

Dear all SamyGo user
I own a PS50C6500 and I've just done some 'housework' lately.
So I decided to hide all cable between my plasma an AV receiver.
Therefor I've made a 4cm sheath inside the wall to get optical, hdmi, ethernet and tv cable to go.
My electronician that I hired did a second sheathfor the power cable but 'only' a 2cm wide one.
Here is how it looks like :

The problem is to get the power cable inside those 2cm wide sheath :
1- it is too big
2- even if I cut the main plug it's not long enought...

Did someone mange to 'find' this specific electrical connector so I could make my 'own' long power cable ?
Cheers
Fr3d
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Extended power cable ?

Post by chaosmaker »

Hey all you need to do is, go to your nearest home-store and get the following:
1. a 3 wire cable 1.5mm long enough to reach from plug to TV
2. a wireable plug connector
3. a 240V cable connector thing, ideally small enough to hide behind the TV i.e. Image

then you just cut your cable 10cm below the "special plug" that goes to the TV (if you cannot unscrew the cables), and attach those three cables to the cable you bought and put in the wall with the cable connector thing. You then wire the plug connector, I am guessing you'll need a european plug, and stick it in the plugsocket. All done :).

Let me know how you get along.
Fr3d

Post by Fr3d »

Hi Chaosmaker
Sure it's a solution, quite radical one, but it might be the only one left if I can't find any electrical connector who fits behind my TV (the white one on the second embed image of my initial post).
I could unscrew it and unplug it so I could go for you solution
But before I was trying to get a 'cleaner' solution whitout having to cut my original samsung cord power (it still under garruantee).
Cheers anyway.
Regards
Fr3d
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

I can understand you are worried about the guarantee. By the way can you unscrew the white piece? If so, your warranty wont be affected, just reconnect the white piece to the original cable if you have to send it in :).
Fr3d

Post by Fr3d »

I was probably not clear ;)

No I could only unscrew the panel which protect to connector to the TV.
The cable could be remove by unpluging the connector
But obviously I can not separate the connector from the cable (without cutting it of course !)
Fr3d
AdamantUK

Post by AdamantUK »

I realise this is old but lots of people are probably still viewing it as no-one wants to cut the cord that came with their tv!

The easiest solution is to get a single gang trailing socket and mount it on the wall precisely behind the tv, from this you can run your flex to a mains plug so you've effectively got a long extension lead. Then just use your normal cable to plug in behind the TV!
bege

Post by bege »

Hi,

maybe you can 'build' your own connector, just using tree of these plugs:
IFSHG635_BL.jpg
The plugs do not have to fit perfect as long as they are sitting tight and insulated.
They are crimped to the cable leads and you can use a cable with suitable length.

Ask your local electrician about them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Junkyard”