BD-H8509S Help!!!!

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: BD-H8509S Help!!!!

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am
JeppeTh wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:44 pm Sounds fantastic, but it requires a new firmware from Samsung and a successful block to avoid running "latest firmware" I assume?
No, it requires OLD fw and good router to block :)
I thought old rooting method for h-series already existed.
What's new with this upcoming release?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:16 pm I thought old rooting method for h-series already existed.
Yes, tough NOBODY blocked updates, so nobody tested it :) So new release will support newer fw. :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:42 pm
JeppeTh wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:16 pm I thought old rooting method for h-series already existed.
Yes, tough NOBODY blocked updates, so nobody tested it :) So new release will support newer fw. :)
Will it support current version as well, if a new firmware version would be released (which would mean current isn't latest any longer)? Or is a new root method/version required for the currently latest version? I.e. I don't know how you have implemented the "not latest check".
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:08 pm I don't know how you have implemented the "not latest check".
I didn't implement ANY check, simply I have decided to release root AFTER samsung PUSHES update for a bug. Besides if you don't block correctly there is even no point in asking... :) :D :lol:
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:57 am
JeppeTh wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:08 pm I don't know how you have implemented the "not latest check".
I didn't implement ANY check, simply I have decided to release root AFTER samsung PUSHES update for a bug. Besides if you don't block correctly there is even no point in asking... :) :D :lol:
So it might work also on latest fw if I'm lucky?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:05 am So it might work also on latest fw if I'm lucky?
What luck has to do with it ? :) If you don't block updates either you will be IMMEDIATELY auto updated or shortly after :) I had dozens of talks like this one "maybe I willl be lucky and don't to block updates"... :)
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:03 pm
JeppeTh wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:05 am So it might work also on latest fw if I'm lucky?
What luck has to do with it ? :) If you don't block updates either you will be IMMEDIATELY auto updated or shortly after :) I had dozens of talks like this one "maybe I willl be lucky and don't to block updates"... :)
Well since you haven't implemented any check against "running latest version" I interpret it as root will only break in case the new firmware version in some way makes it stop working?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:47 pm Well since you haven't implemented any check against "running latest version" I interpret it as root will only break in case the new firmware version in some way makes it stop working?
NOT "in case", root FOR SURE will be released AFTER the release of patch FOR SURE blocking it :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:31 pm NOT "in case", root FOR SURE will be released AFTER the release of patch FOR SURE blocking it :)
You're too cryptic for me...
I get that I should block, I have no issues with that.
It's just that blocking isn't a piece of cake.
It seems there's always a risk the device updates in some strange way anyhow.

Return to “BluRay Players”