Cinavia problem on Samsung HT-J4500 ?

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

elvislives

Cinavia problem on Samsung HT-J4500 ?

Post by elvislives »

Hi

I came across your website too late!

My Samsung HomeCinema Bluray Player HT-J4500 started giving error message 'FAN NG' and stopped working. The option was to return to factory. As an alternative I found a software upgrade online (B-JM63HTBWWB-1012.5). I upgraded my Blu ray player with USB and hey presto it started working again.
But as you guessed now I have a problem, possibly a Cinavia problem.

Certain Movie files do not play the speech audio. The background music plays correctly.While so many others play correctly. I have checked that these files do have proper audio by playing them directly through the TV(files stored in USB).

Is this a Cinavia problem or is it something I can sort out in settings?

If it is indeed Cinavia is there any way back or out of the update which I have already done?

Need some help desperately! :)
Thanks
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Cinavia problem on Samsung HT-J4500 ?

Post by sectroyer »

Your ONLY help is this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8274
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
elvislives

Post by elvislives »

Thanks sectroyer.
Sadly as I mentioned in the post. The update is already done!

Any way to goback to factory reset ? Happy to stop updates forever but what do I do now?

Any of you techie guys with some smart ideas? :)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

No factory reset or anything you need to block udpates. Until you block no point asking for help.
BTW easiest way to block is to disconnect from the internet :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “BluRay Players”