BD-C8500 stand after Firmware Update by "Hello"

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

Philo

BD-C8500 stand after Firmware Update by "Hello"

Post by Philo »

Hello,

I need help. My Blu-Ray Player with HDD stands after the last Firmware update on "Hello" in the front Screen of the device and the TV screen say no signal. Then I recover my TV recordings with my PC.
I saw UART holes and I connect a UART to USB cable and run Putty but it came strange characters. What can I do?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: BD-C8500 stand after Firmware Update by "Hello"

Post by juusso »

strange chars means possible wrong connection speed. If you can establish full console, them might command toggle 1 or toggle 0 saves yourBD player.
But if this does not help i`m in a doubts you can restore your by fw upgrade briced BD... search for spare mainboard...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Philo

Re: BD-C8500 stand after Firmware Update by "Hello"

Post by Philo »

Thank you for your answer. I have tried several connection speeds from 9600 to 921600. How can I switch the command toggle 1 /0 ?
Did I connect it properly when I took tx, rx and GND? Do you know what the other connection is?
20180606_135559.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “BluRay Players”